Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

So my friend and i ordered the cackle surprise yesterday!! They said we would get a shipping date within 10 business days. Then this evening, they emailed me my shipping date and it’s TOMORROW!! Please any tips on brooding this many chicks, I’ve only had 10 max before. Any other tips? I thought I had at least a week or two to research this.

So my friend and i ordered the cackle surprise yesterday!! They said we would get a shipping date within 10 business days. Then this evening, they emailed me my shipping date and it’s TOMORROW!! Please any tips on brooding this many chicks, I’ve only had 10 max before. Any other tips? I thought I had at least a week or two to research this.

I would split them up according to size and run at least 2 large brooders. If you get some species other than chickens I would split them out too.

54 Chicks (1DOA), 1 Blue Slate Turkey, and 1 Rouen Duckling!!
1 more chick passed shortly after coming home. All the rest seem to be doing good.
Lots of cochins! (our fav) and we got a golden spitz so happy because we lost our golden spitz roo a few weeks back.
chicks1.jpg
chicks2.jpg
chicks3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom