Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics
I honestly hated my cackle surprise.

I got

Roughly 15 OEGBs, almost all the same color, like 2 that were different

2 Cornish

Rest were mixed. Out of 25 chicks.

No ducks.

No turkeys.

OEGBs

Never ordering from them again. Every time we lose about half or more of their chicks.

Really disappointed in you cackle, ESP. Since everyone else got such great deals!

Just...gahh!!!

What do you mean by mixed?  What kind of mixes?

Yes only got like 25 chicks (give or take a few)
This was a few months back and we sold a majority, but I believe it was like Cochins or such. Nothing too fun, but still cute breeds, though I think we ended up selling all of the chicks

This is still on sale $55 + free shipping.
I haven't ordered because we're going away this weekend and with my luck, they'd ship on Wednesday and I'd have to have a family member take control.
hmm.png

I'm certain I would sell most of them, but some of the breeds that folks have been getting are interesting!

In the facebook page they advertised the surprise box because they still have available. And today is ends that special. Maybe they start a better one tomorrow...who knows.
I'm getting scared. The info at the usps says that the expected delivery date is the 28. 5 days? They picked up late in the 24 ...but those chicks were born earlier that day . All my other boxes arrived in 3 days... so I hope this one is the same.

In the facebook page they advertised the surprise box because they still have available. And today is ends that special. Maybe they start a better one tomorrow...who knows.
I'm getting scared. The info at the usps says that the expected delivery date is the 28. 5 days? They picked up late in the 24 ...but those chicks were born earlier that day . All my other boxes arrived in 3 days... so I hope this one is the same.
I also had mine ship yesterday, and it says delivery is set for thursday, Hopefully it will be tomorrow instead that is what usps estimates when you program the shipment, but perhaps the late time 11 p.m. pickup factors in. What is typically your survival rate when you get chicks 3 days after they hatch? I am just wondering because I have a shipment from elsewhere next week that will take 3 days to get to me and I am a bit concerned.

I also just saw my box weighs 34 pounds. Wow that is a lot. But, I also have coming in this box the waterfowl special which is hatchery choice of 4 geese, 6 ducks, and in addition I ordered a geese pair, and two duck pairs. So I have 6 geese, and 10 ducks and the mystery chicks for 34 pounds. Still seems quite heavy. On those that desire turkeys I am not getting my hopes up. My order for turkeys was pushed back to a ship date of July 22 because they were out of the turkeys I wanted (red bourbon) and in fact stated out of all turkeys. I found this a bit odd since one of their specials is heritage turkeys shipping in 1-14 days.

Great to have a partner is this ordeal. Mine is only the special box. My hope for turkeys are dead now, I was so sure I was getting turkeys. I should not raise my hopes for geeseeither because maybe they filled the box with ducks...or just 16 pounds of chickens. But I am crazy to see what I get!!!

My shipments usually take 3 days to get here (Puerto Rico) and Usually I get one dead or none and a few of the weak ones die in the following days. So the usual for me is to loose a few only( less than 4).

This is my first surprise box.

Thanks for the reply on the livelihood of your chicks. Who knows you may still get turkeys and maybe the person that called me didn't know exactly what they were talking about. One thing I found odd was they said they could not ship turkeys with waterfowl. I have seen that on other websites as well, yet cackle has a special I think they call it happy cackle special for 73 dollars where you get 2 geese, 2 ducks, 2 turkeys, and 21 chicks. How would they ship that if you can't ship turkeys with waterfowl? who knows and we will see.

I also just saw my box weighs 34 pounds. Wow that is a lot. But, I also have coming in this box the waterfowl special which is hatchery choice of 4 geese, 6 ducks, and in addition I ordered a geese pair, and two duck pairs. So I have 6 geese, and 10 ducks and the mystery chicks for 34 pounds. Still seems quite heavy. On those that desire turkeys I am not getting my hopes up. My order for turkeys was pushed back to a ship date of July 22 because they were out of the turkeys I wanted (red bourbon) and in fact stated out of all turkeys. I found this a bit odd since one of their specials is heritage turkeys shipping in 1-14 days.

Maybe they are filling first the turkey special because they advertised it to ship in 14 days or less. Did you order many turkeys or just a few?

Just a few (5). But I told them it wasn't a big deal because I wanted to order more chicks pretty soon and they said they would put that with the turkeys. So they cancelled my turkeys and I immediately put in an online order for my chicks and 5 red bourbon turkeys. I went bonkers ordering here. I have 80 out in the yard, this 34 pound box, 15 chicks scheduled for next week, and then about 150 chicks and five turkeys for July 22. lol. I already got the ship date for the 22nd as well. She said that the 15 would be the last hatch day, but apparently they did one more it looks like the 22nd. Maybe because so many orders I don't know, she said I see a lot of birds for the 15th so order in.

Back
Top Bottom