Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics
I will also say that I did not get a large number of different breeds, but I told them I would prefer same breeds if possible. Looks like I have 6 of the polish (unless someone else thinks those are something different) six cochins (feathered feet and really round chicks like a ball), Those twelve are 1/3 of the chicks I got, then the pictures I posted many of those I have 4 of or so. Some of the ones that are yellow I do not see how anyone could tell what those are, but if you can go for it. I am pleased with my order, and they are all very healthy acting so far.

My box arrived also. It contains 50 (could be a couple more) and 3 rouen ducks. NO turkeys or geese
hmm.png
. But anyway I know is a surprise box....anything can come there. I requested meat chickens and I believe they sended like 22 Red Broilers, 4 polish, 3 cochin, some white chicks that could be leghorns or a few other breeds, 3 brown chicks, 5 or 6 blacks ....and I cant remember. Almost the same breeds you got JimmyLang.

They also sended me a thermometer, save a chick electrolites and probiotics. I left the ducks at the postal office...LOL...one of the postal workers fell in love with them and I sold the 3 of them right there in the postal counter. I had no interest in the ducks so for me it was a win, win situation. She was going to call her daughter to pick them up and take them home so they were not going to stay long there. She told me she already had a pond made for ducks. She just had to buy them...and they arrived right to her hands there at the job site.

Last edited:
excellent, yes, I got thermometer, electrolytes, probiotics also. You got 50! I would feel a bit short changed, but I have more than I know what to do with and more on the way. Yeah I have a ton of ducks know. 15 of them. I knew I was getting 10, but five in the mystery also. I can start my own rouen breeding farm 11 of them. The ducks are messy I read they were, but didn't know they would be on day 2.

Nope.....I re counted a few more times I got 43 plus the 3 ducks. Those red broilers are huge compared to the rest of the chicks. I was planning on selling the ones I dont want but my mom came to see them and she wants the one I already know the breeds. I'm sharing also some of the broilers.

4.Barred rock?

Black bird, beak, one white spot on upper breast/lower neck area, dark brown to black feet with a middle yellowish toe???

1 yellow one dificult to know
2-3 could be speckled sussex
4 I think are rocks
last 2 could be welsummer

I hadn't seen the red broiler. Interesting. I was just looking at their meat page and saw the frypan special 100 cockerels and 5 exotic chicks for 37 dollars!!! Granted they are not cornish cross or red broiler, but still I am thinking about ordering that, lol. I really have to stay off of that site. Is there any way to tell if any of my chicks I just got are bantams right now? Or do you just have to wait till they grow? Thanks for all the id's you guys have been doing. Like it looks like I have cochins are they standard? or bantam? how would you know or would you right now?

Back
Top Bottom