Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

Pics
All I can say is tell em what you want, and they will probably work with you. I forgot to say no bantams, but I think I am okay.

Calling is easier but if you want to pick your breeds don't get the mystery because what they basically do is they fill the orders that are for the specific breeds and then see what they have left over. It all depends on what others order and what they have in stock at the time that your order is due to be filled. That is the chance you take with the mystery option it is basically overstock at the time and that is why is such a good deal. But with that said I know the person in charge of running it all and he really does try his best to make every order the best.

I want some ducks but not alot perferly rare bredds
No cornish cross or red ranger broilers
A wide varity of chicks and ducks

I dont want to be like to spefic i think ill probaly right this in the comments section ^^^^^^ do u think im being to specfic. If so let me know and i tell me which one i should leave out
Thank you,

If you write it in the commit area they will do their best to do what you ask but as long as you understand they may not be able to meet your every request you will be ok. We may be talking to one of the owners tomorrow so we will ask what is the best way to word it and I will let you know what they say.

when I placed mine I requested (if posible) for gosslings, turkeys and meat chickens. I got 3 ducks, 4 polish chicks, 3 cochin, 3 mistery chicks, 23 red broilers and I think I also got 6 cornish X. At least 2 of those white chicks must be cornish X because have a violent grow....So In my case they had available one of my requests but I understood that is a surprise box and that anything could come there. I got one of the things I requested but I was OK with anything that came there. If you are willing to take anything then is a good choice.
I wanted to try meat chickens to see if I am capable of prossesing my own meat. If I am, I'll be back in cackle to buy broilers or cornish...so for cackle is a gain also.

. So for those hatcheries, they win when they try to work with us.

For those who got red broilers, do you have pics? I know I have one broiler for sure, but I have one buffish/reddish mystery to figure out yet.

Last edited:
They will simplify your comments, btw. I explained no geese due to a very large neighboring free range flock, and no bantams due to hawk problems with smaller birds. I mentioned that we would for sure like turkeys, as I have kids that are allergic to many things put in commercial birds. All that showed up on my invoice was "no bantams/geese." I got my three cute Blue Slate Turkeys.

Back
Top Bottom