Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

My birds were shipped yesterday at 3:35 am it says on the tracking. So far it hasn't updated at all, and says they won't be delivered until Thursday.
If they don't get here until Thursday will they be okay? I thought they'd be shipped 1-2 day delivery but my tracking number also says 3 day priority.

My birds were shipped yesterday at 3:35 am it says on the tracking. So far it hasn't updated at all, and says they won't be delivered until Thursday.
If they don't get here until Thursday will they be okay? I thought they'd be shipped 1-2 day delivery but my tracking number also says 3 day priority.
I found that my tracking only updated once after midnight each day.

They can be ok taking three days to ship. Just be prepared when they arrive to warm them up and give them save a chick or sugar water. Mine was Priority 2 day.

Like jc12551, my tracking only updated at midnight, and my tracking usually stated three days, but I think they've always arrived on the second morning.

Okay, i already have the brooder set up. Just have to plug in the heat lamp.
I always give new chicks electrolytes in their water for the first day or 2.
My tracking number hasn't updated since yesterday at 6pm. It just said they were accepted in the sorting facility in Kansas city Missouri.
I just worry because 3 days to me seems like its pushing it, 2 days doesn't worry me at all. But also I only work until 11 tomorrow, and they will be at my post office around 830 is when the truck gets there. Where on Thursday I work until 1230, so wouldn't be able to pick them up until later on.

Last edited:
Like jc12551, my tracking only updated at midnight, and my tracking usually stated three days, but I think they've always arrived on the second morning.
x2

My tracking always states they will be delivered the day after they actually get here. so if they go out Monday, I have them by Wednesday morning (crazy early), but the tracking says they'll be here Thursday. I think that's how it works out...lol

I know the first time I called Cackle and they told me when they would be here, even though USPS website stated differently. After that we prepare to have them 2 days.

Okay! I am so excited. Crossing my fingers they're here tomorrow! My local p.o. doesn't open until 8.
My boss said if they come I can leave work around 9 then come back after I get them settles.. I work in a school cafeteria, so that's in between breakfast and lunch, of course once the post office calls me, time is going to go so slow!! :p

I got my babies! 42 chicks and 3 ducks. Only 1 DOA! One is acting kind of strange and I may lose him. He will eat and drink and run around but get tired much faster than the others. I hope he makes it because it is a silver polish!
I also got white crested black polish and I think a sultan?
I Aldo think I may have gotten a few silver laced wyandottes!
That's just from a quick look. White a few feather footed breeds in there. I am going to wait for them to settle before playing with them to try and figure out what breeds they are.
My ducks are a black Swedish and a faen and white runner I believe. Not sure what the 3rd one is, possibly a buff.
Very pleased! Wish I would have gotten a turkey or 2. But im glad everyone is happy and healthy running around!

I received my surprise this morning. I also got 42 chicks but 4 ducks and I also had 1 doa. The ducks are all arcona. I also received 2 turkens, 5 white crested black polish, 2 buff laced polish, 4 partridge Cochin, and what seems to be 4 German spitzhauben. I'm still trying to figure out the rest but I'm so happy.

I was hoping to get golden laced polish! Or turkens. You lucky duck! @tookietoo
I have a little blue chick I cannot figure out for the life of me what it is no feathers on its feet either.

I have a lot of chipmunk chicks. One is all red with lighter red stripes, and I have quite a few grey ones with black stripes.

I assume most of the ones with feather feet are Cochins, they look a lot like mine from last year, plus cackle doesn't have many standard feather footers that aren't cochin

Last edited:
@zoeS95423- could the grey with black striped be silver laced wyandottes? I also have a couple of blues that I also can not figure out. I have a few chipmunks as well but I just chalked then up to be Brown leggerns. I am just having so much fun playing with them! I sound like a kid in toys r us! LOL! I wanna wish you good luck and health with all your babies! Lord knows I've already prayed over mine.

Back
Top Bottom