Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

I was thinking that Cackle only sold non-bearded? I guess I am wrong
smile.png
The one that looks splash is just washed out from the flash. It is a bit lighter than the others, but I think it is still a white crested black. I guess I will see eventually!!

This group are all straight combed and feather legged. I am thinking Cochin (maybe a Buff Brahma?). I am also thinking large fowl, but I know that the bantam cochins from Cackle are huge chicks (I just booted 16 of them out of the house). My last group of bantams were as big as my Spitzhauben chicks when they started. But I think these are bigger. All with four toes so no Salmon Favoroles.
hmm.png

Ten of these feather footed chicks in total.

In person I am thinking partridge.

Gold Laced? Or maybe the one on the right is Buff Brahma? I have two of the one on the right but one wouldn't participate.

Black? Not barred. Too dark for Splash.

Buff and/or White? Probably both.

And just in case you haven't been overloaded with pictures....here is the last set lol I am pretty lost with most of these. 26 total here.

Black Australorp or something similar?

One is barred and the other isn't

Terrible picture. Maybe a silver laced something.

Some type of red chick
gig.gif

Very cool chick. I think some kind OEG?

Easter Eggers

Variations on the theme of black and white.

Comparison of size on three chicks. The one on the left might be some kind of bantam. The middle one is HUGE! When I first saw it I thought turkey, but it isn't. The one on the right is a regular size chick.

Two regular size white chicks of some kind.

The itty bitty, possibly bantam chick.

Three with red masked faces. I am guessing some kind of sex link red.

Two with a reddish cast to body feathers. Probably some kind of sex link.

Dalmatian chick. Austra White

These guys got wet so they look funny. They have a bluish cast to them.

Last edited:
Well of my 53 birds I have 27 sold for $75... To be picked up tomorrow. That pays for the birds I want to keep and the ones I'm gifting a friend. Hehe free baby chicks plus a $10+ profit. If I thought I could line up some more homes I'd do this again next month lol.

Its an unbelievable deal. For the resale value as well as the sheer variety and excitement of not knowing. Around here there's no problem selling chick's. Definitely getting this next year, or this year if I can swing it before time runs out.

I checked on my shipment this morning, and it's departed Kansas City, MO...weight says 19lbs as well. I hope we get at least one gosling, like I requested...but it's hatchery choice, so I understand if there aren't. Very exciting...I signed up for the text notification through USPS site.
thumbsup.gif

I'm having trouble ID'ing this one. I thought I had seen it on the site, but can't find it now...

It is exciting! (but don't get too excited about the 19lbs lol)

I didn't order a surprise box, just Spitzhaubens. I live in VA as far as you can get (across the Chesapeake Bay). My chicks were shipped on Mon and got here Tues!!!! I ordered 15 and got 16 very healthy chicks with no DOAs. Of course, DOA's are generally the fault of USPS throwing the boxes around! I ordered from a different hatchery earlier this yr and I am much happier with Cackle...but, Cackle didn't have the breed colors I wanted for the first order.

I'm having trouble ID'ing this one. I thought I had seen it on the site, but can't find it now...

It is exciting! (but don't get too excited about the 19lbs lol)
Yes, I understand about the weight. Most of it is from the box...so, I'm guessing, from the weight, that they used a 4 section box.

Back
Top Bottom