Cackle hatchery's Hatchery Surprise- Anybody got this before?

I got mine this morning. They sent 52 chicks and only 1 doa. A great assortment.
got mine today also. There are somewhere between 45-50, one DOA. I was hoping for a duck or turkey in the mix, but I'm pretty happy with the variety. I am definitely going to need some help with identifying the breeds.

Polish, 2 of each

Tons of these..are they all barred rock?

2 more polish

Fluffiest cochin puffballs

Several of these.. one has a little bit of a spot on its head

Egyptian Fayoumis?

Haven't identified these yet

Or these

Hamburg?

Cochin?

There are also a bunch of little stripy ones and big stripy ones :)

They are all so beautiful! I am definitely ordering a box next Spring! I am certainly no expert, but I think the black/white chicks could be Barred Rock, Dominiques, or Cuckoo Marans??? I had all three breeds in my MMM order and I couldn't tell any of them apart.

Could the last one be a Dark Brahma?

Last edited:
First-time poster here! Just got my ship date for my cackle hatchery surprise: June 1....the day before my birthday:) So excited as I lost most of my flock due to predators this past winter.

WOW them are some cute little babies.

Congrats on a neat assortment.

Still want to order one of these even though my current flock of littles is making me a bit mad today. (someone pulled out the poof on one of my polish)
She will be fine I hope. The polish are now segregated in the workshop brooder even though my littles are like 8 to 13 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom