Cackle over McMurray???

Order from McMurray , you will not be disappointed! Their chicks are great. I just ordered 51 rare breeds and they are perfect and growing like crazy. I would not consider using another company as long as I can get what I need from them! Enjoy......
clap.gif

I've heard good and bad things about both companies, such as orders arriving/ending up dead or sick from McMurray, and orders getting lost in the mail from Cackle. Honestly, when you order from a hatchery you end up with the risk of losses all the time, that's just how it works with livestock. After reading everything on these threads about the different hatcheries, I have deduced that no hatchery can control sickness or losses 100%, and there are always problems. Therefore, I decided to go with the hatchery that not only offers the breeds/sexes that I want, but also has a VERY good rating for CUSTOMER SERVICE and replacement/refund: MCMURRAY. I have heard very good things about their customer service, even to the point of refunding/replacing chicks that die after several weeks. They also offer all the breeds I wanted pre-sexed. There's no avoiding potential sickness and losses, so I wanted to go with a place that offers what I want, how I want, and will go to lengths to make me happy. Just my 2 cents!!! Tell your friend GOOD LUCK!!! (P.S. My McMurray order is arriving in 24 days!!!! I'm SOOOOOOO excited!!!!)

Yeah. Thats true.

Depends on individuals needs. But cackle sure does have some things McMurray doesn't. Especially if you want varieties in one breed.

For ex., they have like 25 colors in the Old English while McMurray only has 3 : )

- Tommy

I have ordered from both Cackle and Mcmurray before. My Mcmurray birds were "okay". I do have to comment though, that I had some Salmon Faverolles from them last year and they were the cutest, fluffiest little puff ball chicks I had ever seen! I was going to order from them this year, but after hearing about all the people getting birds with A.E from Mcmurray I decided not to.
So I ordered from Cackle. WOW. I ordered 30 chicks, and when they didn't arrive when they were supposed to, I called the hatchery to make sure they did indeed ship. and they told me they did. So I called my post office several dozen times that weekend, and when no chicks came, called cackle back on Monday morning......She said "it looked like they shipped, but there was no record showing that they did?" So she said she'd reship them that day, and they'd arrive Wednesday. And they did arrive wednesday. Instead of the 30 chicks I ordered, they sent me 57!!!!! I was so happy! I e-mailed Cackle to thank them, and said how appreciative I was that they sent extras after the first order got lost (or didn't ship).....They e-mailed me back saying "what other birds did you get? We thought we only sent 27."
gig.gif
. So I don't think I will be ordering from Cackle again, but their birds are very pretty. Out of the 57 chicks, 11? have died. Three of which were my fault though (they got trapped under the waterer.....
hit.gif
But the rest (although some of the faverolles are pasted up) are healthy and adorable!!!

Last edited:
I Prefer Welp. Ive ordered over 7 times from them in the last 2 years. I have never gotten from Cackle. McMurry Was my worst experience. I got a box of 25 chicks. They looked like peas they were so small. About half of them died the first day but they gave me my money back and sent me replacements. The second batch were very healthy and alot bigger. (they were the same size as the ones that came the week before) None died that time. Welp has free shipping i doubt it. I had 2 dollers added to my order for shipping costs and The price of shipping is already in the chicken price.

Anyone here got Modern Games either from MM, Cack, or wherever? Would like to see their qualities up close.

Best way to prove quality is through pictures! : )

- Tommy

I ordered chukars from cackle last year and all of them died. There was insurance on the birds, but I never received a refund of my money although I spoke with the owner several times. Because the birds were not shipped overnight, (and I was told that they never are) they were 4 days late arriving. I had to drive an hour and a half from my home to a post office to pick them up and all but a few were dead.

My aunt lives in MO and her friends have ordered from cackle with no problems. I, however, will not purchase from them again.

I ordered from McMurray this year and in years past, and have not had any problems. The birds have all been healthy. I currently have 27 assorted pullets that were delivered on April 28. They are all doing well.

Just curious,

Which hatchery allows you to buy only 10 chicks but have Aracaunas? A friend of mine who gave me her chicks says I think they are either from Ideal or Cackle but they don't look 100% Aracauna. Maybe Americana? Its hard to tell because they have a normal sized beard, greenish/blue legs and one is grayish in color and one has brown spots.

I wonder what they are...

- Tommy

Back
Top Bottom