Cackling rooster???

rebelchicken

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 25, 2009
Memphis
Ok, I know I've asked the sex of my chickens on here before and you guys said the white one was a rooster. I believed you were right...it even crows...last night just before bedtime I heard all this cackling coming from their room. I just knew someone had laid an egg so I ran over to see my first egg:lol: But I found daffy (the white rooster) instead.
sad.png
Alas, no egg but a very confused rookie chicken farmer. Do roosters cackle? or is he just messin' with me?

this is it at 12 weeks.. also, does anyone know what kind of chicken it is?
35289_daffodilchicken.jpg

35289_daffy2.jpg

I'm not sure what you mean by cackling, but my roosters make all kinds of chicken noises.

Sorry, I don't know what kind of chicken he is, but he is definitely a roo.

I don't know the breed either, but my rooster cackles loudly every time one of his hens even thinks about laying. Never a quiet moment with him.

His neck feathers look like my girl (maybe a guy) Masala - same kind of 'collar' look (so very pretty). She/He is an Easter Egger so no idea what the original breeds were.

curious if you have found the breed? we hatched a Sussex last year that looked similar to the one you have pictured! we have a rhode island roo who has been cackling an egg song and out of curiosity i landed on your post... good to know others have experienced similar questions ! ;)

Back
Top Bottom