CAD Modeling Project: Incubators

Do you have CAD experience?

• Total voters
Jealous. It's a great program.

I use Fusion360 for cad/cam. Works great but nowhere near the horsepower that SW does.
My favourite feature (or one of them) is how easily it creates detailed and assembly drawings. I was putting in a BOM the other day and it took me all of one minute to do that and get the balloon tags on.

Me too. Now I have to figure out away to change the plastic glossing on the interior without selecting each fillet face by hand.
Use your build string. (Not sure what it's called, I'm self taught)
SW 16 I could cntrl+click on features to highlight, then change surface. Never clicking model itself, just the string of commands. The corresponding surface does highlight in the model.

Use your build string. (Not sure what it's called, I'm self taught)
SW 16 I could cntrl+click on features to highlight, then change surface. Never clicking model itself, just the string of commands. The corresponding surface does highlight in the model.
That might be a bit faster. I'll try it.

It's not 100% accurate because I don't have calipers big enough to get anything more precise than half an inch on several measurements. Also, measuring the radius on fillets is a huge pain so I eyeballed them. :lol:
Might get one of these to measure inside stuff.
1638659587702.png

Look at the graphics on this.
View attachment 2918369
What program are you using?

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 2918102
Done the body for now. I'll need to create screw holes later as I figure out the dimensions of the other parts.
View attachment 2918344
Unlined, it looks like this.
That's looking great. I love the attention to detail. Keep up the great work.

I use Solidworks 2017 which I've used to design a few 3D printed parts. Mostly hobby stuff - cases for Raspberry Pi's with addon boards, sensors, etc.

2021-12-04 12_58_11-Window.png

These are a couple of the sensor (temp and humidity) designs I built. PCB layout in Altium Designer, case design in SW 2017.

The disc is a wireless bluetooth sensor design and the other is a wired (i2c) sensor. Both used with a raspberry pi to capture incubator conditions and send to the cloud.
2021-12-04 17_38_22-Window.png
2021-12-04 17_29_29-Window.png

Printed in white nylon and assembled
1638732841999.png

Last edited:
What program are you using?
SolidWorks.

Cat Wow GIF

I'm amazed and SUPER impressed!!!!

:thumbsup
Thank you! I'm hoping to be able to model each part and place it into an exploded view to make assembly instructions as clear as possible.
That's looking great. I love the attention to detail. Keep up the great work.

I use Solidworks 2017 which I've used to design a few 3D printed parts. Mostly hobby stuff - cases for Raspberry Pi's with addon boards, sensors, etc.

View attachment 2918774

These are a couple of the sensor (temp and humidity) designs I built. PCB layout in Altium Designer, case design in SW 2017.

The disc is a wireless bluetooth sensor design and the other is a wired (i2c) sensor. Both used with a raspberry pi to capture incubator conditions and send to the cloud.
View attachment 2918881View attachment 2918882
Amazing. :bow Very nice design work.

Back
Top Bottom