Cage's

ktown55

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 24, 2009
East Tenn..
Hello Everyone....Hope Everyone Had A Good Christmas...Heres what i have...I have a change to buy some breeder cages, at a good price...Five chicken cages & 1 rabbit cage and 4 feeders and water bottles..All for $60. But anyway,I know there breeder cage's and all. but like the two long one's they have 11 nesting place's for (each) bird..How are these cage's used?? Just put a chicken in each one and let them lay eggs..And pull the eggs to incubate?? How long should i keep them in the cages? Do you hang them on the sides of the coop or just put them on the ground?? I guess you can tell i'm still new to this stuff, and i think i might be for some time to come,,there's alot to learn....But i enjoy it..And i like getting on here and reading the blogs...Thanks for your help...Mitch
smile.png
yippiechickie.gif

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome to BYC. I am in E Tenn too, in W Knox county, Choto Rd area. So is Duke of Orpington, over towards Hardin Valley.
Do not know about hatching as I only have layers for home egg production. Someone will weigh in on this soon enough and offer to share some experience.
cool.png

I'm not sure exactly what you have, but breeder cages don't follow the space per chicken rule you see around here so often.. They are frequently made for a rooster and 2-4 hens. They can be stacked in a rack or hung from a shed ceiling.

Back
Top Bottom