Calibrating a Digital Thermometer????

BlackAce

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 7, 2013
I bought an Accurite digital thermometer with the humidity reading from Home Depot over a month ago. I don' think it's correct and is there a way to check it?

I incubated my first batch of eggs about about a few months ago and got 2 out of 13 chicken eggs to hatch. I know crappy hatch rate but it was my first one and they were shipped eggs. I decided to try the digital thermometer on my second batch this time I had 8 chicken eggs and 8 duck eggs again, they were shipped eggs. This time I monitored it closely but I noticed that it didn't seem warm enough but I tried it any way using that as the main one. I did have a analog thermometer in there also and the reading between the two were way off. Well guess what I had ZERO hatch. They all seem to be doing well at first but at the end I had one duck egg which fully developed but never hatched. :(

Now I'm on my third batch of eggs. This time I have 12 chicken eggs and 8 turkey eggs and now I went back to the analog thermometer. Again these are shipped eggs and I know that the hatch rate isn't good on them, but I am pretty certain that I didn't get any hatches on my second batch is because the temp was to low.

The reading I get between the two is close to 10 degree defference. I also did the calibration test with the ice water on my analog thermometer and I know its correct.

I bought an Accurite digital thermometer with the humidity reading from Home Depot over a month ago. I don' think it's correct and is there a way to check it?

I incubated my first batch of eggs about about a few months ago and got 2 out of 13 chicken eggs to hatch. I know crappy hatch rate but it was my first one and they were shipped eggs. I decided to try the digital thermometer on my second batch this time I had 8 chicken eggs and 8 duck eggs again, they were shipped eggs. This time I monitored it closely but I noticed that it didn't seem warm enough but I tried it any way using that as the main one. I did have a analog thermometer in there also and the reading between the two were way off. Well guess what I had ZERO hatch. They all seem to be doing well at first but at the end I had one duck egg which fully developed but never hatched. :(

Now I'm on my third batch of eggs. This time I have 12 chicken eggs and 8 turkey eggs and now I went back to the analog thermometer. Again these are shipped eggs and I know that the hatch rate isn't good on them, but I am pretty certain that I didn't get any hatches on my second batch is because the temp was to low.

The reading I get between the two is close to 10 degree defference. I also did the calibration test with the ice water on my analog thermometer and I know its correct.

If you know your analog is correct, then just subtract the difference in it and the digital.

Back
Top Bottom