Calico Cochin Thread

Pics
They both carry their wings low but if not breeding for show. No biggie. As who I like better.... The darker one catches my eye. I like him.

Thanks for the reply, I liked the dark one best from the very beginning, besides he is so super sweet and gentle.
Neglected to look at the wings close, sometimes a picture helps a lot when studying a bird.
I appreciate you pointing that out to me. They are just pets and I enjoy looking at them with all the pretty colors, plus the gentleness of them is something special.
I will only raise a few but wanted to have some nice ones.
I have two other young males so will be looking at them also for wing carriage but they might have little too much white.
Too much white is undesirable isn't it?
Thanks again!

Since it isn't super busy around here right now, I thought I would post pics of the other young roos
All
are the same age.
Honestly is the colo
r too light? I like them but the darker ones like Domino are prettier to me.

Thanks for looking!!

My new babies from FancyFeathers. Hatched them all yesterday! Great hatch rate from shipped eggs. Can't wait to see how they grow out!
big_smile.png

They are really pretty babies. Watching them grow and change colors is extremely joyful to me, I know you are going to gets lots of pleasure from these.

I'm sure you are already aware that a Calico id just an offshoot of the Mille Fleur Cochins. If you were breeding towards the Mille project then yes these boys are to light. I think though fun project then these boys will probly provide you with some amazing chicks. I especially like the top boy. You have some beautiful boys there.

I'm sure you are already aware that a Calico id just an offshoot of the Mille Fleur Cochins. If you were breeding towards the Mille project then yes these boys are to light. I think though fun project then these boys will probly provide you with some amazing chicks. I especially like the top boy. You have some beautiful boys there.

Hi, Thank you, I am of course wanting the MF color, but it's still fun to get these "other" colors.
Here is one of my pullets that didn't quit make it...

My question is...if I want to use one of the boys on this kind of hen which one to use? The darkest ? Or none of them?
I'd like MF but all I have really MF colored is a D'Uccle roo
caf.gif
Any advice?

Just thought I'd share this little bunch of surprise chicks with you all.
They are sired by Domino a Calico Cochin Bantam and from my Paint Silkie hen.
A Big Blue Wyandotte hatched them!
Looks like the one in front is showing off his FIVE toes just to try and confuse me.

Should be mighty cute, fluffy, feathered legged, muff faced, little birds

Back
Top Bottom