Calif Grey vs Production Blacks

DrumstickRanchTex

Songster
6 Years
Sep 26, 2017
Does anyone know of any differences between California Greys and Production Blacks, the latter being ftom Idesl Poultry in Cameron Texas. They seem to have the same coloring, the same egg production, and they weigh the same. Both are white egg layers. They a bred from different background stock but other than that, these birds seem the same. Any ideas on differences between them?

I'm sorry I can't answer your question as to the difference with them, but I can vouche for California Greys. I had several in my flock (wanted to try as they were developed from a University in my state). They were WONDERFUL. Laid beautiful large white eggs. Friendly enough in the flock. Lived reasonably long life span.

All to say I thought the California Grey a wonderful breed.

LofMc

I'm sorry I can't answer your question as to the difference with them, but I can vouche for California Greys. I had several in my flock (wanted to try as they were developed from a University in my state). They were WONDERFUL. Laid beautiful large white eggs. Friendly enough in the flock. Lived reasonably long life span.

All to say I thought the California Grey a wonderful breed.

LofMc
Thank you.

Has anyone raised Production Blacks from Ideal Poultry in Cameron, TX? Could you possibly point out any pros or cons with this breed? They sound great in the catalog but I dont know why there doesnt seem to be many around. People I know dont seem to have them or know of others who have them.
Thank you.

Thank you.
Do you have a favorite hatchery to buy the best California Greys? I am in Texas. I have called Ideal hatchery and tried to use their website. Its kind if funny that I can go to their search bar and start with “brown eggs” and I get a message indicating that they dont know what that is. Many other common terms cant get a response other than they dont understand it. Calling them about their search bar issues makes them angry and extremely rude. I asked about barred chickens and its also something this hatchery doesnt understand.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom