California - Northern

Did you guys hear about the Purina recall?
http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm393549.htm

Probablt not an issue for most of us, but maybe those near Oregon?

Sorry if you did, I'm a little slow, lol.

-Kathy

I did hear about this. I feed the chicks thqt will be layers the Medicate4d chick starter and checked my bag right away. Everything matches my bag excet the lot number.....WHEW!!!
woot.gif

Melvins Babies are getting huge!! They are about 12 weeks old now. My original "project" was Favorolles X Red Ranger, but that didn't happen. I know the black ones are Favorolles X Australorp. No Idea with the others. They sure are pretty though.

This is Walter. He is the most "people friendly" of all the chicks. Any one know what he is? I thought has was a Seabrite, but now that he's grown I don't think that's right.

Very cute! Don't Seabrights have rose combs? I can't tell for sure but that one looks like s single comb.

Our ducklings are getting huge! My chickens don't know what to think about them yet, but so far no drama with them free ranging today.

Love ducklings!

Sounds good to me. Are you coming to the Chicken party in May?
No.I can't make it. We have bunches of family obligations conflicting all month as it is. But I really would love to make the September thing work. We can see what the broody status is around here in the weeks/ and days before you make the trip and I will either bring you eggs or chicks or juvies...whatever is available/you want at that point.

Our ducklings are getting huge! My chickens don't know what to think about them yet, but so far no drama with them free ranging today.
wow they are. what kind are they?
The one that is the lighter yellowish color should be a silver appleyard. I think the others are mixes especially the dark one on the left. We might keep 2 if we got two girls. I have a home lined up for them otherwise. They were hatched for my kid's class:) Trisha

That's pretty scary! We have bears in the general area pretty regularly...along with mountain lions.....but never that close to where I live. There are tails of wild pig living in the canyone at the end of our road and them occaisionally wandering up the street.

Very cute! Don't Seabrights have rose combs? I can't tell for sure but that one looks like s single comb.
Yes, they have rose combs and Walter's is straight. He also doesn't have the same bright lacing or eye color. I'm thinking maybe some sort of bantam game bird, but I can't find any silver laced gamebirds.

is this a good deal? has anyone here used this model?
http://chico.craigslist.org/grd/4440547575.html
I have never used that one, but there a few threads here from people who have them. You might check them out. It looks like some I have seen, but those don't have the foam around it. There are some on Ebay going for more than that so it may well be a good buy. I would want to know why it is being sold. The descriptions sounds like it was copied & pasted directly from a commercial site

Quote:
Maybe just a mix?

I am putting a feeler out here for Bielefelder cockerels, does anybody want one? We have ten and only plan to keep two. They range in ages from seven to seventeen weeks. We planned to process the extras but if someone wants or needs one................................

Back
Top Bottom