California - Northern

I lost a chick last night too. It was the second OEGB to hatch & just never seemed to do great. I think it burned up too much energy hatching. It didn't learn to eat the chick starter & all the electrolytes didn't help when it's internalized yolk ran out, I guess.
Survival of the fittest I suppose...

At least the other 12 are doing really well & growing like crazy.
I think one of the silkies may be a frizzle. :)

Bummer. Its so sad when they just fail to thrive like that.

what about sending in a stool sample? from the pullet and my own? that would be easier! is there instructions for that?
Yes, that has a lab charge and is about $10.00.

Call them and they will work you through the process. I am close so I drop of samples and birds. The test is good for worms and cocci. I asked them to test for both.

Hey! There were some lovely birds at the PPBA show last weekend, and in interested in getting some eggs for a friend's classroom hatch project. Specifically I'm interested in LF Cochins, Speckled Sussex, blr wyandottes and barnevelders.

Yes, that has a lab charge and is about $10.00.

Call them and they will work you through the process. I am close so I drop of samples and birds. The test is good for worms and cocci. I asked them to test for both.
Oh ok I'll need to send in a bird then because I want to test for ms/mg, AI, and pulorium

Back
Top Bottom