California - Northern

That is great news!

It is so odd to me that someone could be so ignorant about something they hate so much. Roosters are not chickens...OMG!

Elected officials too often think their job is to pass laws that restrict personal freedoms. I think we should give all politicians five year non-paid vacations.

I have a cockerel that I have a home made no-crow collar on, and he is much quieter than my three neighbors that all have dogs that bark. Having said that, I have repeatedly asked all of my neighbors if they are bothered by by cockerel and have been told it isn't any kind of a problem. I think they know their dogs make more noise than my birds. They are also more than neighbors, they are all friends, and I would never want to be responsible for a problem between us.

Kern

Elected officials too often think their job is to pass laws that restrict personal freedoms. I think we should give all politicians five year non-paid vacations.

I have a cockerel that I have a home made no-crow collar on, and he is much quieter than my three neighbors that all have dogs that bark. Having said that, I have repeatedly asked all of my neighbors if they are bothered by by cockerel and have been told it isn't any kind of a problem. I think they know their dogs make more noise than my birds. They are also more than neighbors, they are all friends, and I would never want to be responsible for a problem between us.

Kern
Yes, Roosters are not as bothersome as barking dogs. The problem is often from visitors to the neighborhood. Woodland now has an App for reporting to the Police. The Police think this is a great service but I do not know about that.

Comes from a distrust of social media in general.

Is there anyone here who has LF Red Cochins and/or Red Silkies? Or a breeder-stock Barred Cochin cock/cockerel? I can't seem to find any Reds - Silkie or Cochin - anywhere! In fact, LF Red Cochins hardly even seem to exist... I'm up here in El Dorado county, outside of Placerville. I can't actually bring any birds in until mid-Nov. (gotta send them guineas to freezer camp to make room!) but I'm scouting for anyone who has them ahead of time. I'm trying to get my stock for a LF Sex-Linked Silkie project I'm planning for this spring/summer, and I've got most of my Barred/Cuckoo stock figured out already, but I can't find any breeders of these ones. Specifically I'm trying to get 2 cocks/cockerels of the LF Red Cochin and maybe 4-6 of the Red Silkies. I really only want pullet/hen Silkies but I'll take young straight run if it's all anybody has, which seems likely. Like I said, I won't have room until mid-Nov or so, but if you've got any coming up or know of anyone who has them please shoot me a PM!

I have red showgirl rooster but the color dillutes in the hens. I get red boys and lemon girls.

Yes, Roosters are not as bothersome as barking dogs. The problem is often from visitors to the neighborhood. Woodland now has an App for reporting to the Police. The Police think this is a great service but I do not know about that.

Comes from a distrust of social media in general.

We have that app for clean up San Jose. I dunno if they would get noise complaints. Our worst offender is the country club bands . I had to show up once after midnight when they started back up. They were shocked when I say how many miles away I am.

I wasn't trying to hatch for the Halloween thread, but I have some very early hatchers in the incubator. They weren't due until the 1st at the earliest. But, we had two chicks hatch in the turner while we were in town this evening. These are EE x Barnevelder mixes. Had to hurry and set up the bator for hatching.

I wasn't trying to hatch for the Halloween thread, but I have some very early hatchers in the incubator. They weren't due until the 1st at the earliest. But, we had two chicks hatch in the turner while we were in town this evening. These are EE x Barnevelder mixes. Had to hurry and set up the bator for hatching.
I have had that happen before!

Did you do the cross so that the chicks are sex linked?

Back
Top Bottom