California - Northern

Chrissy,
I am so impressed. I have wanted to do soap making again for some time now. I have other friends interested too. I just haven't gotten into it again. It has probably been 30 years. I am truely getting OLD...!!!!! My daughter wanted to make cheese & soap so I bought a small mini herd of minature cows, Dexters, so she can milk for her cheese & another "chicken lovin' " friend has milking goats she makes cheeses & soaps with that my daughter wants to do too.
I am going to write to Jules ( FortyFiveFarms) ASAP. We always go to the show & even though I have cut waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back on my personal flock I am still very interested & enjoy my "chicken lovin' " friends that I get to see far to infrequently. I know everyone else' lives are far busier than mine now but I like keepig in touch & still plan on offering a place for the annual Chicken Fest. I definetely want to go. I have another commitment on Sunday but can go Saturday. Let's see what my travel partner has planned...... Hope to see you there.
Karen

Easter Eggers are a mixed breed for colored eggs, not purebred APA chickens. Ameracuanas are & would & would lay blue eggs for the kids.
thank you for the explanation ma'am. Are you going to the show at the end of the month? I still need to call you about knitting, lol. So sorry, I got side tracked with the holidays and everything. @sewandgrow

Last edited:
No problem..I don't do bantams but think they would be great for kids just starting out. My grand daughter was afraid of her Australorps when I got them for her when she was 9. She was small for her age & they were huge. Really nice birds from Bruce Sherman though.
I do plan to go to the show, but haven't heard back from fortyfivefarms yet. We always go. It just snuck up on me....is that even a real word...it doesn't look right.......LOL.
Don't worry about the knitting...............when you have time I am here. I beaded for months before Christmas & have been mostly crocheting since then.
Hope to see you at the show Saturday.

I can take better ones . here are the last i took in the fall.

love.gif

No problem..I don't do bantams but think they would be great for kids just starting out. My grand daughter was afraid of her Australorps when I got them for her when she was 9. She was small for her age & they were huge. Really nice birds from Bruce Sherman though.
  I do plan to go to the show, but haven't heard back from fortyfivefarms yet. We always go. It just snuck up on me....is that even a real word...it doesn't look right.......LOL.
  Don't worry about the knitting...............when you have time I am here. I beaded for months before Christmas & have been mostly crocheting since then.
  Hope to see you at the show Saturday.
if you need a ride let me know, I'd be glad to come pick you up. Can't wait:)

I have my Mille Fleur bantam Belgian Bearded d'Anvers separated and just waiting for them to start laying.

My Silkies are laying well. They are self blue cream, partridge, lavender splash and a chance of solid lavender.

Will you be selling any chicks from your Partridge Silkies in this coming spring?

What type of comb is this? Anyone know what breed this is?

That's a single comb. Without seeing the whole bird it's impossible to be sure but I'd say it's a Pit Game looking at the head. Maybe OEGB if it's a bantam bird.

Back
Top Bottom