California - Northern

Hi all,

What is the time frame or waiting period for eating eggs after worming with Ivermectin? Thank you.
You can eat the eggs unless you are allergic to the worm medicine--not likely!

Since it is off label for chickens, you are not supposed to sell them. The amount that you would get in an egg is very small.

I'm finally warming up the incubators!!! I usually have a barn full of chicks by this time, but due to the cost of food these days, I am taking it slow.

I am setting Orps and Polish. I think fertility is low on my Orpingtons because I have a low rooster to hen ratio after I lost my two main flock roosters last year to a bobcat. I considered bringing in new roosters, but decided to stick with my bloodline so I now feel like I am limping along. Hope to be able to hatch a couple nice roosters from these eggs to revive my program.

On the other hand, the rooster to hen ratio on the Polish is too high. The girls are starting to get bare which is never a good sign. Need to part with a couple of roosters, but I have hit a wall trying to find them good homes and I don't like the thought of the alternative.

I am excited to start hatching, but need to remember who I lent my hydrometer to. I have to stop lending stuff out, I never seem to get it back. I am also missing an incubator which I lent to a school and never got back. Problem is: I don't remember what school. I really need to take better notes. Urg...

Last edited:
You are hysterical. Look Ms. Professional, send yourself a text message or snap a photo with your smartphone when you loan something out, then you'll be able to refer back to it. My memory is for doodoo, but my smartphone doesn't have that same problem, fortunately! Hugs, Dawn

You are hysterical. Look Ms. Professional, send yourself a text message or snap a photo with your smartphone when you loan something out, then you'll be able to refer back to it. My memory is for doodoo, but my smartphone doesn't have that same problem, fortunately! Hugs, Dawn
Yeah, I just celebrated my 50th, so I am gonna use that as my excuse. However, the reality is, I am too dam scattered. I lounge around all winter curled up in a blanket b the fire (not really but it sounds like a good idea) and then at the first blossom, I go hog wild planting vegi starts, incubating chicks, breeding bunnies, and then about 4 weeks later, I ask myself: "what the heck were you thinking". However, I am consoled knowing that many of you are just like me. After all.. you're my kind of peeps.

I have the same issue. I love to plan the garden, order the seeds, do the starts, and then plant. After that...who likes to weed, actually? Isn't that what kids, nieces and nephews, or grandkids (someday) are for?? Happy Year-Long Birthday!
wee.gif

I have the same issue. I love to plan the garden, order the seeds, do the starts, and then plant. After that...who likes to weed, actually? Isn't that what kids, nieces and nephews, or grandkids (someday) are for?? Happy Year-Long Birthday!
wee.gif
Thanks for b-day wish. Crazy, I still find it hard to say "50"

Back
Top Bottom