California-Southern

Also no it didn't sound weird it's entertaining lol! The kumato does it have a diff flavor that the reg Roma and beef house tomato I saw the coloring it deeper and purple

It has a good texture and flavor, even if store bought. It is not as juicy as a beef house, more meaty like a Roma, but still different. Not acidic. It looks dark green/brown with red in person.

I had corn cobs in my freezer from last yrs harvest and thought the girls would love it so I tied it to a string hung it in the coop and they went crazy, they love lettuce and sunflower seeds too I'm going to see how they like pumpkin I have a large amount to be harvested so the excess will be the girls

I have seen pictures of chickens loving pumpkin so I tried it with my flock. They avoided the cut raw pieces. Next I tried cooked pieces - nothing. Then I left the pumpkin out with a hole in it to see if they would be curious enough to start pecking at it like I saw chickens in a video. My girls foraged all around the pumpkin but couldn't be bothered with touching it. We finally stopped offering pumpkin but they love orange cantaloupe pieces and cantaloupe seeds! You might try growing plenty of that next year!

I have seen pictures of chickens loving pumpkin so I tried it with my flock.  They avoided the cut raw pieces.  Next I tried cooked pieces - nothing.  Then I left the pumpkin out with a hole in it to see if they would be curious enough to start pecking at it like I saw chickens in a video.  My girls foraged all around the pumpkin but couldn't be bothered with touching it.  We finally stopped offering pumpkin but they love orange cantaloupe pieces and cantaloupe seeds!  You might try growing plenty of that next year!

It's funny how chickens can be so picky lol hopefully my girls will like it lol or I'm doomed haha

It has a good texture and flavor, even if store bought.  It is not as juicy as a beef house, more meaty like a Roma, but still different.  Not acidic.  It looks dark green/brown with red in person.

Ooooo thank you!!!! I can't tolerate acidic tomatoes, so definitely going to find these and give them a try!

White tomatoes generally are less acidic. Hard to find though, even at farmers markets. We've had success growing one called Great White. It has good flavor and definitely is low acid. We're also trying other varieties.

Hi all!

I'm new around here and just checking in to see if there are people around me (OC, CA) who raise chickens.

My hubby and I are looking into getting chickens for our backyard.

:)

- Fuzzy

Hi all!

I'm new around here and just checking in to see if there are people around me (OC, CA) who raise chickens.

My hubby and I are looking into getting chickens for our backyard.

:)

- Fuzzy

first of all....
welcome-byc.gif
from the San Diego High desert.

deb

Back
Top Bottom