California-Southern

Pics
Hey So Cal people! Anyone interested in a lavender Ameraucana cockrel? I am coming down to San Diego the weekend of the 21st, so if anyone is interested please let me know. I can send you pics s well.

Quote:
Too bad you don't live closer, I could use my "secret weapon" on them and maybe then they would sing a different tune.

I had a gamey mutt hen that had gotten waay too bossy and was picking on one bird. I put her in "chicken jail" for a day with an UN-handled half-wild aggressive gamey-mutt hen [I have access to these guys at the horse stables]. Man did that birdie change her tune. She is a middle of the road kinda girl now. Also, IF she tries anything and I GROWL her name and poke my finger in her face/ tap her beak and give HER the stink eye......she says yes MOM. I have an assortment of different birdies in size / age and when they came here and everyone gets along great. Just a thought.....
smile.png

LOL froggiesheins, I don't have access to a "UN-handled half-wild aggressive gamey-mutt hen," but I can certainly try to give my BRs a growl and stink eye!

Quote:
Not only a growl & stink eye but a good thump on the beak/back of the neck/or where ever you can aim that thump! Make em' beg.....
hide.gif
big_smile.png

I can always rent out one of these crazy critters- guaranteed to calm down the wildest of beasts
lau.gif
gig.gif
wee.gif

YAY!! another So Cal chicken thread that I've found!!

Sorry ya'll, I don't have any room for wayward roos.... I have 5
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
roos right now, and I'm trying to love them all.. Yeah, I'm just outside city limits, but I'm still only on 1/2 acre. 5 roos, and 12 hens?? Oh yeah, I'm really pushing the limits...

Why is it that the boys are so adorable and beautiful, but just make so much trouble??

ro

Hi southern californians! I'm newish to this site, and I have 10 week old ducks and geese right now- its my first flock of any kind and I looooove them. I built my first duck/goose coop by myself out of leftover plywood and pallets...and I'm working on a gravity feed water tower system too. Hopefully, I will be getting chickens next year (or late november if I can convince my husband!).
I read a bunch of pages in this thread, looks like there are a few of you in orange county! I don't feel so alone now! If any of you breed anconas or speckled sussexes let me know-those are the 2 breeds I'm interested in getting (I would love to get them locally as opposed to having them shipped from tinbucktwo).

Back
Top Bottom