California-Southern

Hi everyone it's been a while since I been on here,didn't realize how many people from California are on here, got home today and found my first black copper Marans egg is there any BLACK COPPER Marans breeders out here in California

Hi everyone it's been a while since I been on here,didn't realize how many people from California are on here, got home today and found my first black copper Marans egg is there any BLACK COPPER Marans breeders out here in California
Hi! While we are not breeders, we are hatching eggs within the next few weeks from an excellent breeder, of show quality birds, from Bev Davis lines. Let me know if you're interested. They'll be straight run. We are in Thousand Oaks.

Looks like MouseCheese left but a crumb! :lol: Do come back!

Here I am! My gals are doing great, had a busy few years! Moved from Hacienda Heights just over the hill to La Habra Heights, where i grew up. I needed to make the Fort Knox of all coops to keep the preds out! Coyote, owls, hawks...everyone wants to eat my girls! It's basically a chain link coop inside a chain link coop...all wrapped in chicken wire and dug down around the edges. No one gets to my girls!
263a.png
1f425.png
1f423.png

I am in Buena Park and Lake Isabella... not at the same time, ha ha ha! I am going to build a chicken coop for Buena Park because I want fresh eggs and I was thinking the Black Copper Marans is what I want. I was going to order some from Hackle Cackle (?)... I just don't think I could get 15, the minimum. Can I check with you when I am ready?

Sure!
I am in Buena Park and Lake Isabella... not at the same time, ha ha ha!  I am going to build a chicken coop for Buena Park because I want fresh eggs and I was thinking the Black Copper Marans is what I want.  I was going to order some from Hackle Cackle (?)... I just don't think I could get 15, the minimum.  Can I check with you when I am ready?
Sure! We will have those Marans, along with BBS Marans, of equal quality. Hatch date is Feb. 6.

For those of you in so cal who had there local supermarket turned briefly into a Haggen I have an interesting update...

I went to check out the new store (now a Gelson) mainly because they had Cheerios for $1.99, and to see what the store was like.

Apart from some great store opening deals the prices seemed worse than Haggen. However the place felt more like wholefoods without the tattoos, and everyone was super nice.

I won't be shopping there EXCEPT I did find fertile eggs !!!! And nice red-brown ones.
Wholefoods don't do fertile eggs in this area any more.
Needless to say I picked up a box.

BTW If anyone needs trader joe chicks I should have some in just over a week. Those hens are super layers. PM me.

You can get fertile eggs at trader joes? What kind of chicks do they hatch into? I cant remember if i asked. What kind of incubator do you guys recomend. Sometimes having a.d.d. (attention defficite disorder basically stuff goes in one ear and out the other sometimes and needs to be repeated more than once to me) is to my disadvatage lol.

You can get fertile eggs at trader joes? What kind of chicks do they hatch into? I cant remember if i asked. What kind of incubator do you guys recomend. Sometimes having a.d.d. (attention defficite disorder basically stuff goes in one ear and out the other sometimes and needs to be repeated more than once to me) is to my disadvatage lol.

Yes TJ does sell white fertile eggs. I set 6 dozen last year and got one hen. She was very sweet but not smart. She did lay XL tan eggs every day. She was kind of light grey with the odd darker grey feather.

This year the fertility has been much better. Eggs are from the same store.

I have a brinsea incubator, and love it.

Back
Top Bottom