California-Southern

Maybe we'll have to get our lavenders together sometime
1f609.png
That's my understanding too, that it came from the Orpingtons.

I was hoping to breed for the lavender, but my coop space has been consumed by Cream Legbars. I keep thinking I should find him a forever home, but he has such a nice easy going personality, he's really no trouble. At this point I have some EE's split for lavender...

Baby chickie time! Just got home with a fat, fluffy salmon faverolle, a big baby speckled sussex and.... A free, gimpy silver phoenix.

The two girls are obviously healthy. Round, fluffy, clean. The phoenix (s/r) has crook neck and curled toes. They gave us it free since they didn't have the resources to care for it at the feed store.

Getting ready to tape the foot and in I'm still reading about the neck, but here's hoping!

I can't take the SO anywhere. End up with a Special Needs chick! He's a softie :)

Baby chickie time! Just got home with a fat, fluffy salmon faverolle, a big baby speckled sussex and.... A free, gimpy silver phoenix.

The two girls are obviously healthy. Round, fluffy, clean. The phoenix (s/r) has crook neck and curled toes. They gave us it free since they didn't have the resources to care for it at the feed store.

Getting ready to tape the foot and in I'm still reading about the neck, but here's hoping!

I can't take the SO anywhere. End up with a Special Needs chick! He's a softie :)

I've found the best thing to cure wry neck is NutriDrench. It's very effective; I've used it for the past six months on my wry neck Silkie, Taylor, who has had three relapses and is currently fully recovered. I'm also currently using it on a New Hampshire and she is slowly but surely coming out of it as well. Keep in mind that wry neck chickens will always need to be treated with "kid gloves" and that some may require vitamin supplements their whole lives while others may grow out of it.

I've found the best thing to cure wry neck is NutriDrench. It's very effective; I've used it for the past six months on my wry neck Silkie, Taylor, who has had three relapses and is currently fully recovered. I'm also currently using it on a New Hampshire and she is slowly but surely coming out of it as well. Keep in mind that wry neck chickens will always need to be treated with "kid gloves" and that some may require vitamin supplements their whole lives while others may grow out of it.

Ok, I just got some and did a 1:30 dilution. That sound about right? The back says 4oz per Gallon and Google said that's 1:30. Sheesh. Metric is way easier!

It's pecking around but not at the speed of the others. Also it tends to "flip out" on occasion which makes me sick to my stomach. But I guess it's part of the process?

How much NurtiDrench do you use? I have 1ml in a dropper right now.

Thank you!!!

Ok, I just got some and did a 1:30 dilution. That sound about right? The back says 4oz per Gallon and Google said that's 1:30. Sheesh. Metric is way easier!

It's pecking around but not at the speed of the others. Also it tends to "flip out" on occasion which makes me sick to my stomach. But I guess it's part of the process?

How much NurtiDrench do you use? I have 1ml in a dropper right now.

Thank you!!!

You know, I've never actually measured it. I'd say about 1 capful (I think the cap holds about 1 or 1.5 teaspoons) per quart of water.

Yep, if frightened or stressed they will flip out and recover over the course of a few seconds or minutes, it's normal.

You know, I've never actually measured it. I'd say about 1 capful (I think the cap holds about 1 or 1.5 teaspoons) per quart of water.

Yep, if frightened or stressed they will flip out and recover over the course of a few seconds or minutes, it's normal.

Thanks, good to know. Side note... Been calling the Salmon Faverolle "Sammy" so it only made sense to call the Sussex "Dean" ... :) yes, they're sexed girls; it still works! LOL

Thanks, good to know. Side note... Been calling the Salmon Faverolle "Sammy" so it only made sense to call the Sussex "Dean" ... :) yes, they're sexed girls; it still works! LOL

Haha, I love it! Sammy works really well for a Salmon Faverolle. I have my own Sam and Dean chickens but they're my little Booted Bantams instead!

Can anyone direct me to someone who sells duck hatching eggs in Southern Cali? I am looking for: Calls, Black East Indies, Mini Spotted Australian, Mini Silver Appleyards, and any bantam or light duck breeds. I have had no luck so far. Any help is appreciated. thanks!

Back
Top Bottom