California-Southern

(My kids are gonna be mad, but I need to make room for other chickens)

I hear you, I plan on telling my kids the bobcat must have got them. I am in SoCal as well, not close to LA

I am planning on culling all 7 of the "pandemic girls" 2020 chickens. I have no idea who lays and who does not, but I need to make room for spring chicks I ordered. I am not trying to re-home and we will not eat them so I am going to cull and dispose of. Working up to it, tonight may be the night.
Just fyi if they are hens you WILL get Craigslist takers. I have culled b4 if you haven’t and it’s not that bad. Best if you can find a use for the meat tho even if just for pets

Hi, I'm in North Hollywood and I'm changing my focus/downsizing a bit and I have 2 chicks and a few pullets almost ready to lay to rehome.

2 female Opal Legbar chicks dna tested and homozygous for NOT blue egg genes, so will lay beige eggs, hatched Aug. 28
2 Alchemist Farm silver double laced Barnevelder pullets, hatched June 6
1 Oliver Egger/Marans-ish gray pullet hatched June 3
1 Alchemist Farm black Isbar/Silverudd Blue pullet, hatched May 7
1 Alchemist Farm Azure Egger (legbar mix), hatched~ June 6

I hope I inserted these photos right. If you are interested in any of these chickens, let me know. TY!

View attachment 3267267View attachment 3267270 View attachment 3267271
View attachment 3267275 View attachment 3267277 View attachment 3267279
I know it's a long shot, but are any of these still available?

I know it's a long shot, but are any of these still available?
I have the Opal Legbars, but I've fed them so long and they are about to lay, I'm gonna keep them and let them pay me back now. I'm not sure what you are looking for, but I have some chicks hopefully hatching next week (PS I'm not an NPIP breeder or anything, just a backyard chicken keeper). Cream legbars and Shetland hens and some barnyard mixes. I may have extras, not sure. You can email me at [email protected]

Hi, I'm in North Hollywood and I'm changing my focus/downsizing a bit and I have 2 chicks and a few pullets almost ready to lay to rehome.

2 female Opal Legbar chicks dna tested and homozygous for NOT blue egg genes, so will lay beige eggs, hatched Aug. 28
2 Alchemist Farm silver double laced Barnevelder pullets, hatched June 6
1 Oliver Egger/Marans-ish gray pullet hatched June 3
1 Alchemist Farm black Isbar/Silverudd Blue pullet, hatched May 7
1 Alchemist Farm Azure Egger (legbar mix), hatched~ June 6

I hope I inserted these photos right. If you are interested in any of these chickens, let me know. TY!

View attachment 3267267View attachment 3267270 View attachment 3267271
View attachment 3267275 View attachment 3267277 View attachment 3267279
Hello. I am very new to this. I’m researching breeds that work well in our climate ( Im in SFV as well). Of these breeds you listed and have raised, would you recommend them for someone new to this? Can you recommend heat tolerant and those breeds appropriate for a newbie? Breeds that work well with children would help too. Please and thank you in advance 😃

Hello. I am very new to this. I’m researching breeds that work well in our climate ( Im in SFV as well). Of these breeds you listed and have raised, would you recommend them for someone new to this? Can you recommend heat tolerant and those breeds appropriate for a newbie? Breeds that work well with children would help too. Please and thank you in advance 😃
Hi, last summer was brutal, but my whiting true green, isbar, and Legbars did best. I think Mediterranean breeds, light birds, probably do best.

Hi, I’m in LA and have some chicks hatched 1/28 to sell

Shetland Hens: 2 black, 3 brownish. $20each
Female Cream Legbars $10
C4E3C129-FBAA-4441-ADAC-199D7A6A310B.png
DEC13D8B-9B95-41C9-AC56-F1D50D2D35E9.jpeg
5893C63A-776E-4DC9-9AF9-DC19B9DD4922.jpeg

Hi, well baby chick the Opal Legbar rooster above is still available. But I am also trying to be more intentional about my flock going forward in general, so I am looking to rehome TWO EGG LAYING HENS! They are Peppermint Patty 1 and 2, blue egg-laying Ameraucauna-type things. I actually ordered Bielefelders from a hatchery and I think I was given them by mistake!!! Anyways, I often get two big blue eggs from them in a day. (My kids are gonna be mad, but I need to make room for other chickens). They are not lap chickens but come for food and would be much tamer if you spent time with them.

Contact me if you are interested. North Hollywood

View attachment 3372604
I know this is an older post but are they still available?

Back
Top Bottom