CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Well I think my eggs are pretty tough. Remember my Sportsman went out and I stuck the due eggs under broodies? One hen only hatched one chick, by the way, she is vicious!!! She say for days after and gave up day before yesterday, but took me till today to fight her off. She's a very protective momma her first time. I wasn't close to the big trash can, so brought the eggs in and decided to just put them in the kitchen trash and take it out soon. It's so hot in here that scuttle while ago I decided I better take that almost empty bag out because off eggs. I opened the can and it was starting to smell and the bag had fallen in. I'm on the phone with my daughter and I tell her my garbage is peeping. I figures it was a pipped egg, but when I pulled the bag out, this guy fell in the floor. Yes Indicted through trash. I found one pipped and weak and tried to help, but it was to late. I was out on my front porch with rubber gloves and my phone, checking eggs and I have 7 more that are maybes, so hopefully he isn't alone. He came from a blue egg, so he's either an EE,a Silkied AM it a Chocolate bantam AM. I could only find small pieces of his egg.

He already had a name. Dumpster!

Well I think my eggs are pretty tough. Remember my Sportsman went out and I stuck the due eggs under broodies? One hen only hatched one chick, by the way, she is vicious!!! She say for days after and gave up day before yesterday, but took me till today to fight her off. She's a very protective momma her first time. I wasn't close to the big trash can, so brought the eggs in and decided to just put them in the kitchen trash and take it out soon. It's so hot in here that scuttle while ago I decided I better take that almost empty bag out because off eggs. I opened the can and it was starting to smell and the bag had fallen in. I'm on the phone with my daughter and I tell her my garbage is peeping. I figures it was a pipped egg, but when I pulled the bag out, this guy fell in the floor. Yes Indicted through trash. I found one pipped and weak and tried to help, but it was to late. I was out on my front porch with rubber gloves and my phone, checking eggs and I have 7 more that are maybes, so hopefully he isn't alone. He came from a blue egg, so he's either an EE,a Silkied AM it a Chocolate bantam AM. I could only find small pieces of his egg.

He already had a name. Dumpster!

What a story............poor guy...........cute name. I know a lady in town that has a flock that all came from J.S. West's dumpster. They too must have tossed eggs that they thought were no good...............LOL

I got Oscar right off. I'm collecting names. I probably can't afford to keep them like I wanted to, but many with names and a story, they won't get eaten. LOL

Back
Top Bottom