CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

They caught and destroyed the eggs.

Don't think they checked first. I don't remember where I saw it buti remember o did!

Hi - I don't know, as I was just forwarding the message from another thread. Hopefully someone talked to the right people. In any event, I haven't heard about any other breakouts, but then, I'm in New Jersey. We're all keeping out fingers crossed nothing happens this fall to affect the fall shows.

Thanks for the notes. Yes, hoping we don't see an AI resurgence (which on some threads means artificial intelligence…I have to pay attention to what I'm reading…)

Hi to Northern California and New Jersey =)

Hi everyone!

I need your help!!

Okay, so I won an auction from Greenfire Farms for 12 random chicks! My shipment shipped today
and being the absolute sweetheart Josette is, she ended up giving me 28 chicks.. that's 16 extra.

I can't possibly have that many chicks/chickens!!

So, I will be selling each chick for only $15. This is incredibly cheap as the lowest priced chicks from them sell them for $29 each and many are $99 with the exception of the Ayam Cemani which is $199!

I'm not sure what the random assortment is yet, but as of right now I plan on selling:

1 Bielefelder chick (Female since they are an auto sexing breed - males will be $10 but I doubt they shipped me any since I asked for females)
5 Swedish Flower Hens
2 Cream Legbars (I asked for female, so I'm sure they are female but if they are male, they will be sold too; also an auto sexing breed - males will be $10)
? Random Assortment (As soon as I figure out what they are; I will post here)

Besides the Cream Legbars and Bielefelders, the other breeds are not sexed and I cannot guarantee females or take back any roosters.
First come first serve and we will be meeting at a Walmart in Baldwin Park as to not compromise my bio-security, since I take it EXTREMELY seriously and refuse to possibly infect my flock. The chicks will be in a brooder in my room and will be only the second batch that have ever been kept in doors. All my birds are very healthy and although the chicks will not be introduced to anyone in my flock, there will be no cross contamination because before I come back in my room, I always take off my "yard shoes" and change my clothes. Also, I've never had any deaths (besides a hawk attack, casualties from shipping, and my dog being released when I told my mother he must always be supervised with the older girls but that's a story for another time. The chickens that I have now are the first on this property for the last 40 years.

The chicks were shipped today from where Greenfire Farms is (Florida) and will be arriving here tomorrow at 3PM. Keep in mind that they are not here yet, and there may be some casualties. As mentioned, I will keep this list updated and also those that PM me updated.

If you are interested, please send me a PM! I will update as chicks are sold so as to not get anyone's hopes up.
Also, I will not mail. This is strictly pick ups. I also cannot meet you anywhere but at that Walmart because I am a very busy college student that also has to babysit her little sister.

I wanted to post here first before I made a BUY-SELL-TRADE since I am unsure of what the random assortment of chicks are!

Also, sorry for the cross post from the Southern-California thread!!!

Always with love,
Ashley Nguyen!

Hello!! I apologize in advance for cross posting this from the other two California threads but I do not have space for anymore chicks!

I am selling two beautifully gorgeous Svart Hona chicks that were sent to me two days ago straight from Greenfire Farms!

I had won two auctions from them and ended up with 6 Svart Hona's, so I'm selling two!

Please check out the link below for more information:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1038045/2-greenfire-farms-swedish-black-hen-svart-h-nas-chicks

I will only be selling them for $60 and they are $99 on GFF's website. Also, there's no shipping so it's a really good deal!

Hello!! I apologize in advance for cross posting this from the other two California threads but I do not have space for anymore chicks!

I am selling two beautifully gorgeous Svart Hona chicks that were sent to me two days ago straight from Greenfire Farms!

I had won two auctions from them and ended up with 6 Svart Hona's, so I'm selling two!

Please check out the link below for more information:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1038045/2-greenfire-farms-swedish-black-hen-svart-h-nas-chicks

I will only be selling them for $60 and they are $99 on GFF's website. Also, there's no shipping so it's a really good deal!
Those are beautiful, good luck finding a buyer!

Those are beautiful, good luck finding a buyer!
Thank you! I hope so too! Of course, I don't mind keeping them.. but I just have so many breeds right now! I literally have 28 chicks now, after selling 3 Cream Legbars and a Swedish Flower Hen next week. With these two gone, it'll be 26! Really hope someone can give them a good home.. they're just so adorable!

^ This little stinker decided to give us a little gift.. thankfully, my little sister was able to catch it with her hand!

Last edited:
Thank you! I hope so too! Of course, I don't mind keeping them.. but I just have so many breeds right now! I literally have 28 chicks now, after selling 3 Cream Legbars and a Swedish Flower Hen next week. With these two gone, it'll be 26! Really hope someone can give them a good home.. they're just so adorable!

^ This little stinker decided to give us a little gift.. thankfully, my little sister was able to catch it with her hand!
So cute! I love the black feet!
I am thinking when I move I want an Ayam Cememi but these are looking about the same also.

Here are some updated pictures of my Black Autralorp. We are approaching 19 weeks without any crowing. When I look at the feathers I think I see pointed feathers, so thinking it is a rooster, but since there isn't crowing yet still hoping.

@dnitzman

Can you get a better picture of the comb and wattles?

At 13 to 14 weeks old, a BA cockerel should be crowing.

Do not give it away until it crows. If you get into week 22 without crowing, you may just get an egg.

Haven't given it away yet because no crowing :) but from look of feathers thinking it could be a cockerel. Approaching 19 weeks now.

Back
Top Bottom