California white chicks in Washington?

flockofdoves

Hatching
Dec 17, 2021
Looking for help finding California Whites for my flock next year, specifically in Western Washington. It's difficult to find local places on my own, and I'm very hesitant to order them online (Welp/Hoover don't have great reviews, Cackle doesn't have them, and Ideal poultry has a weird policy where they can switch out cali whites for their own breed Ideal 236 at their discretion, which makes me avoidant of them)

If anyone could link hatcheries or places that (will) have them that'd be awesome. I'd also be willing to order online from Oregon or Idaho. Thank you all very much for the help my flock will thank you :)

Looking for help finding California Whites for my flock next year, specifically in Western Washington. It's difficult to find local places on my own, and I'm very hesitant to order them online (Welp/Hoover don't have great reviews, Cackle doesn't have them, and Ideal poultry has a weird policy where they can switch out cali whites for their own breed Ideal 236 at their discretion, which makes me avoidant of them)

If anyone could link hatcheries or places that (will) have them that'd be awesome. I'd also be willing to order online from Oregon or Idaho. Thank you all very much for the help my flock will thank you :)
I am late to the party but wanted to let you know that my California White from Hoovers Hatchery do lay an abundance of white to slightly tinted eggs. I have 13 layers and get from between 10 to 13 every day. My only complaint is they are small to medium size eggs. The largest was 1.75 ounces making it a medium. Very disappointing. They hens have the temperament of a leghorn, very flighty. I do not recommend Hoovers Hatchery. I should have noticed that there were no reviews of their chicks..

I am late to the party but wanted to let you know that my California White from Hoovers Hatchery do lay an abundance of white to slightly tinted eggs. I have 13 layers and get from between 10 to 13 every day. My only complaint is they are small to medium size eggs. The largest was 1.75 ounces making it a medium. Very disappointing. They hens have the temperament of a leghorn, very flighty. I do not recommend Hoovers Hatchery. I should have noticed that there were no reviews of their chicks..
Just out of curiosity,,, :idunno Are California Whites supposed to lay those small eggs,, or larger???:frow

Just out of curiosity,,, :idunno Are California Whites supposed to lay those small eggs,, or larger???:frow
Not according to all the information I read before deciding on the breed. They are supposed to lay large or XL just like leghorns. I may have some UFD next spring if they don't pick up in size. On the bright side the feed ratio is great - they eat very little.

Back
Top Bottom