Call duck Behavior

sweetshoplady

Songster
11 Years
Feb 4, 2008
Venice, Florida
I got some calls and have them on my screened in porch. Where the swimming pool is. Four of them love the pool. They stay there all the time. I have those circle things to heat the water that are like little islands and they can sit on those, walk around on them, take a nap on them. They only get out to eat.

THe other pair, seem to act more "normal" like the other ducks I have. They hang out on the porch and get in the water for a swim, then get OUT.

Are they both "normal?" As soon as I get an official pen, I'll put them in it. But I like having them in the pool, It's fun watching them swim and play.

By no means am I a call duck authority, but I did have several pair and my female snowy would stay in her pool all day. She just loved it! The male was a short timer. LOL.

But, the other, younger calls took baths and short swims, but didn't live in the water like that one female. So, my guess is that it's a personality thing. LOL.

I bet it IS fun to watch them. I loved to watch Juanita in her pool. It seemed to give her so much pleasure.

Last year I had a raccoon massacre my entire pen of ducks in one night and I lost all my calls and silky ducks.

I've also got a mixed bag of duck personalities - my drake would live int he water if he could (except for following the girl duck
lau.gif
) the girl duck could care less about the pools - she likes to get ina dn swim a little, and clean herself, then she spends most of her time out of the pool.

I had another female (who got taken by a hawk) who loved the pool, also.

I have 8 babies, now, three of whom are almost ready to go out - not sure how they'll like the pools.

meri

Back
Top Bottom