Call Duck Colors - breeding Gray Drake with Gray Snowy Female

kimb

Songster
13 Years
Nov 30, 2009
New Hampshire
My Gray Call Drakes lady went missing about a week ago. It's very upsetting, that I've no clue what happened to her - I can only imagine that a wandering dog (as there are a few Yellow labs known to wander) might have grabbed her - or perhaps a hawk. Whatever it was - it left no sign of her and everyone else is unharmed and unalarmed. I thought for a while that she might be sitting on a nest somewhere ...

Long story short - I have a Snow Call female also that I got this summer. What would be the resulting offspring of my Gray Drake and the Gray Snowy female? I

I have no clue about Call Duck genetics.

BUMPing

are there any good pages to read about Call Duck genetic colors (like there is for chickens?)

Just to summarize...

Snowy Gray Female X Gray Drake = ????? would they be Gray's or Snowy Gray's? --- or could I get an array of colors because of the Snowy Female?

Thanks JulieNKC!!!

That's really helpful ! (well at least interesting :) )

The confusing part - my female - is probably considered more of a Dark Silver - than Snowy (but I've found those terms used interchangeably).

If she's a "snowy" then the the offspring will be gray.
but if she's "dark silver" then the offspring will be silver ... ...

I also have a chocolate bibbed female that has offspring from this mallard they're black bibbed drakes - and if they cross with my silver hen then there will be quite the array of colors - maybe

I'm going to be stuck playing with the color thing for hours now :)

Thanks JulieNKC!!!

That's really helpful ! (well at least interesting :) )

The confusing part - my female - is probably considered more of a Dark Silver - than Snowy (but I've found those terms used interchangeably).

If she's a "snowy" then the the offspring will be gray.
but if she's "dark silver" then the offspring will be silver ... ...

I also have a chocolate bibbed female that has offspring from this mallard they're black bibbed drakes - and if they cross with my silver hen then there will be quite the array of colors - maybe

I'm going to be stuck playing with the color thing for hours now :)

Lol. Plus if your ducks aren't "pure" colors (the parents were diff colors) then I think you have hidden colors that can change what the babies will look like too. At least the calculator gives you something to play with though.

Back
Top Bottom