Call duck colors/sex

I’m a little confused on the ‘blue fawn’ then. I’d love to see more pics in a couple weeks.

Bibs vary, I think it depends on the parents. I have some very crisp round bibs, but the blues and blacks aren’t as exact.

Calls are very addictive! :lau

01755155-E587-49B7-A5A6-A8B09A68639B.jpeg
E3B92D1E-E663-4922-9891-34CFEE4692F8.jpeg

They’re great. About to move them out of the chicken brooding pen and into their own enclosure.

Will they continue to feather out some? Do the “bibs” always end up round and full like you see in some pictures or do they stay kind of broken like they currently are?

🤪 Can’t wait to get more calls now!
Awesome! They will continue to feather out, the Bibbed one should get full and round eventually. They still are getting their adult feathers in.

Brand new to ducks. Got 4 baby call ducks from @CaliFarmsAR. They are 5 weeks old now and I was wondering what these colors are called and if there are any distinguishing features to sex them aside from their quacks. The smallest/loudest is obviously a hen to me, She’s blue/brownish in color. The others aren’t very vocal but I’ve read that isn’t always An accurate way to sex.

Would love help identifying their colors and anything Else to help sex.
I can't wait to see these feather in! I love how dark the blue bibbed is 💙 My Snowy Call hen just hatched out my first blue bibbed Call and I was so happy but surprised (I suspect my Lilac Magpie snuck in one of her eggs blue+chocolate=lilac). It's head is dark like this one and the body lightens up. That blue fawn does look dusky so this is another one I can't wait to see because I love the dusky. I don't know anyone that doesn't love silver. You've got a gorgeous flock of Calls. You've probably already figured out they are a bit addictive 😍 Call Duck math is another thing on its own 😂 Please update pictures as they mature. @CaliFarmsAR have you shared pictures of yours anywhere? I'd love to see them. How is your OG Call pair?

I can't wait to see these feather in! I love how dark the blue bibbed is 💙 My Snowy Call hen just hatched out my first blue bibbed Call and I was so happy but surprised (I suspect my Lilac Magpie snuck in one of her eggs blue+chocolate=lilac). It's head is dark like this one and the body lightens up. That blue fawn does look dusky so this is another one I can't wait to see because I love the dusky. I don't know anyone that doesn't love silver. You've got a gorgeous flock of Calls. You've probably already figured out they are a bit addictive 😍 Call Duck math is another thing on its own 😂 Please update pictures as they mature. @CaliFarmsAR have you shared pictures of yours anywhere? I'd love to see them. How is your OG Call pair?
No, I haven’t posted about my birds in a bit. My OG pair is good, I actually sold the drake has he kept trying to “mate” me and I’d have bad bite marks on my legs, arms, and hands. I got a Snowy pair and hatched out two ducklings from them and still have one of the Babies. Then I have one call duck hen that seems to be “ paralyzed”… it’s so weird

No, I haven’t posted about my birds in a bit. My OG pair is good, I actually sold the drake has he kept trying to “mate” me and I’d have bad bite marks on my legs, arms, and hands. I got a Snowy pair and hatched out two ducklings from them and still have one of the Babies. Then I have one call duck hen that seems to be “ paralyzed”… it’s so weird
Do you have a thread on any of these? Ouch! If he was leaving bite marks, I'm sure that was painful! I'm sorry. I'd love to see your Calls 😍 I hate to read this about the paralyzed hen. Does she have a neck or back injury that caused this?

Do you have a thread on any of these? Ouch! If he was leaving bite marks, I'm sure that was painful! I'm sorry. I'd love to see your Calls 😍 I hate to read this about the paralyzed hen. Does she have a neck or back injury that caused this?
It definitely did hurt, I kinda miss him though, he was beautiful!! No, she has not back or neck injury, she can move her legs a little, but not when she is in the grass

the closest one is the one I'm confused on. the yellow one is purely yellow so i believe she will be white yes.
Ok. Post some pics in about a week, it will start to darken a little more, and might get more obvious.

Love the chickens in the background checking out the ducklings. :D

Back
Top Bottom