Call duck egg tips for incubation!

I would also wait as long as possible to lock down candle once or twice per day to check for drawdown then lockdown

If you think about it, a mother duck lays her eggs very close to water. I think sometimes the area may even be soggy. I guess it depends on the breed, but it would make sense for duck eggs to be able to cope with higher humidity. My incubator is very difficult to control the humidity, I haven’t mastered controlling that yet. I’d say my humidity has been an average of 70% because it seems to like being extremely high or low. The eggs seem to be developing well though. My first time though so I’ll keep you posted.

Thank you for your information. I've done this in past years but my last hatch was a bust. The The people here are great. Thank you

If you think about it, a mother duck lays her eggs very close to water. I think sometimes the area may even be soggy. I guess it depends on the breed, but it would make sense for duck eggs to be able to cope with higher humidity. My incubator is very difficult to control the humidity, I haven’t mastered controlling that yet. I’d say my humidity has been an average of 70% because it seems to like being extremely high or low. The eggs seem to be developing well though. My first time though so I’ll keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom