Call Duck Eggs: Artifical Versus Natural Incubation

hi scott my experiment didnt work. took 8 grey call eggs put 4 in vert turners 4 on theirside but hand turned all . 3 fertile on vert. 4 on side just letting ya know . hopefully seven hatch.
roll.png
talk at ya later
smile.png
btw hope ya get lots of babies this year. all mine are laying great this year yay (last year was terrible)

Well I'm at again... incubating more call duck eggs, that is. My first hatch of the season involved 9 white call duck eggs in a Brinsea Mini Advance. The hatch went well with 7 of those eggs hatching. Those ducklings are now 3 weeks old.

This go around I've got 58 white call duck eggs in the Marsh Roll-X (RX2) incubator. It's going to be a staggered hatch as these eggs were set at different times. I've got 8 eggs from FoxHollow Calls, 16 eggs from Lundgren lines, and 34 eggs from my call ducks. The two batches of mine were set some time ago, with about 20 of them scheduled to hatch this weekend. Then another batch a week later. The FoxHollow eggs will hatch in about 2 weeks, and I just set the Lundgren eggs today.

Within the next month, I'll have dozens of call ducklings around this place. :)

If anyone needs any call duck eggs, let me know. I've got more than I know what to do with. In fact, I've got several byc auctions going right now.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, thats FUNNY! I would love to buy eggs but I have posted before - I have a hard time hatching shipped eggs. We are at 7000 feet altitude and Calls are not the easiest to hatch as it is. I am paying attention to your posts because I want to buy a better incubator. Working with an LG still air right now. No problem with baby chicks but not much luck with the Calls. Hatched 1 last year out of 8 shipped eggs. 1 hatched this year out of 8 of my own eggs.

I've got call duck eggs pipping. I'm not able to see them very well right now, but I can hear them working away. They should be hatched by the end of this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom