Call Duck Eggs - Northern Colorado

Strawberry74

Songster
Mar 11, 2022
I am looking for some fertile call duck eggs to hatch. I had some shipped and unfortunately they all arrived with the detached air cells and do not seem to be developing. Only one, maybe two. I would like to have a few more the spring. Does anybody have any in the Northern Colorado area? Thank you!

I am looking for some fertile call duck eggs to hatch. I had some shipped and unfortunately they all arrived with the detached air cells and do not seem to be developing. Only one, maybe two. I would like to have a few more the spring. Does anybody have any in the Northern Colorado area? Thank you!
I can't help with getting new eggs, but I may be able to offer some suggestions with your current batch! It'll bump this thread up also.
what day are your current eggs on, and how are they set in the incubator?
Most people stand the eggs up point end down if they have detached air cells. Some people also don't turn shipped eggs the first days, so I would say it'd be best to turn them less frequently for the first couple days.
Also did you let the eggs rest point end down at room temp for 12-24 hours before putting them in the incubator?
Sadly shipped eggs often have low hatch rates I believe, especially if they have had a rough transit.
But I hope for the best for you! Hopefully you'll get some babies! 😁

I can't help with getting new eggs, but I may be able to offer some suggestions with your current batch! It'll bump this thread up also.
what day are your current eggs on, and how are they set in the incubator?
Most people stand the eggs up point end down if they have detached air cells. Some people also don't turn shipped eggs the first days, so I would say it'd be best to turn them less frequently for the first couple days.
Also did you let the eggs rest point end down at room temp for 12-24 hours before putting them in the incubator?
Sadly shipped eggs often have low hatch rates I believe, especially if they have had a rough transit.
But I hope for the best for you! Hopefully you'll get some babies! 😁
Thank you for all the suggestions! Unfortunately, I did all of those things and I'm still only seeing life in one, maybe two eggs. They are set up right and I'm tilting them three times a day since day 3 . This is day 6. The shipper suggested waiting until day 11 to take them out of the incubator, but I'm not feeling very hopeful at this point. Thanks again!

Thank you for all the suggestions! Unfortunately, I did all of those things and I'm still only see you life in one, maybe two eggs. They are set up right and I'm tilting them three times a day since day 3 . This is day 6. The shipper suggested waiting until day 11 to take them out of the incubator, but I'm not feeling very hopeful at this point. Thanks again!
a few more days could be a good idea but that must feel disappointing! I hope you have better luck with the next ones!

Back
Top Bottom