1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Call duck eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DuckCommander, Nov 15, 2012.

1. DuckCommander

DuckCommander Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2012
    Alberta
    What color are call duck eggs?

I have a grey and white call duck and I have been finding blue eggs on the floor of my chicken coop and I'm not sure if one of my young cross bred hens is laying them or perhaps it might be my call duck?

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    My call ducks eggs have always been white.

3. AliciaM

AliciaM Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Yelm Washington
    Ive had call duck eggs range from white to bluish white, to greenish white..Do you think some of your mixed chickens might be a colored egg producer?

4. novanod1966

novanod1966 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2012
    western North Carolina
    i've ordered call duck eggs .... and received all of the above: white, bluish white, and greenish white.... out of a bluish white i got a pastel (or so i've been told), i did get a gray (mallard colored... so i've been told ) out of the other (white) egg.

i posted pics and a call duck breeder responded as to the projected color of the ducklings.

i have 44 call duck eggs in the bator now: a mix of blue, white, and green.

don

5. DuckCommander

DuckCommander Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2012
    Alberta
    Thanks for your help! I do think they are duck eggs as they all have that waxy like feel to them! The cross bred chickens could have arcana or Easter in them wonk don't know what they will lay yet... Though I think they would use the nests because they are in there all the time!
    I'm pretty excited to hatch some of these in spring! I wonder what a grey and white and and a blueish black eith green head cross will make!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by