call duck hatches

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by callduckman58, May 20, 2010.

1. callduckman58

callduckman58 New Egg

May 4, 2010
    monticello
    how is your call ducks doing on the hatching this year?I have been having a fairly good hatch. The butterscotch and the buff have hatched good, but my self black and grays have been terrible. I just had a hatching of 105 call ducks . now I am trying to figure out what I am doing right for a change LOL

2. ruralmom

ruralmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    NW Colorado
    My first attempt at calls were not so good. Two out of six developed but did not hatch thanks to me. I think my friend and I who are trying the call hatches are in a unique geographic quandra. We are over a mile above sea level with an average humidity of under 20%. Both of our last hatches the ducklings were shrunk wrapped. So if you find out the 'golden rule' for hatching calls please let me know. I am currenly duckless and would really like to change that. I really like ducks and had my last ones for 12 years. Congradulations on the hatch!!!

3. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    i had 1 hatch out of 3 eggs. and it died 2 weeks later. im not sure why [​IMG]

4. Scott

Scott Ozark Bantams

Apr 11, 2007
    Southeast Missouri
    I've hatched out 26 call ducklings in the past few weeks, with 16 more due to hatch this weekend. Temp: 99.5, Humidity: 55% during incubation and 70% during hatch. The eggs should be turned on their sides, not vertically on their ends.

You might find this thread helpful: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=306686

5. Scott

Scott Ozark Bantams

Apr 11, 2007
    Southeast Missouri
    Sorry, had to do a double take.... 105 calls? You've got your hands full, don't you?

Whatever you're doing it. Keep doing it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by