Call Duck Hatching -how much noise?

Bstella

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2023
I have 4 call duck eggs today is day 25 I came home and I heard a little squeak and saw a bit of movement one has internally pipped.

How much noise should I be hearing? I don't know when/how long ago he internally pipped and if I should be adding a safety hole?

What do you guys suggest?

I have 4 call duck eggs today is day 25 I came home and I heard a little squeak and saw a bit of movement one has internally pipped.

How much noise should I be hearing? I don't know when/how long ago he internally pipped and if I should be adding a safety hole?

What do you guys suggest?
As for noise, it depends. Usually they respond to tapping on the egg by squeaking back. But keep in mind they are sleeping a lot of the time. Call ducks often have trouble externally pipping due to their beak. If I were you, I would be candling the egg, marking where it's head/beak is sitting and making a small safety hole there just to be safe. It's ok not to do this, but definitely make a safety hole if you see a bruise on the egg shell.

As for noise, it depends. Usually they respond to tapping on the egg by squeaking back. But keep in mind they are sleeping a lot of the time. Call ducks often have trouble externally pipping due to their beak. If I were you, I would be candling the egg, marking where it's head/beak is sitting and making a small safety hole there just to be safe. It's ok not to do this, but definitely make a safety hole if you see a bruise on the egg shell.
Thank you! I have been gone all day, I didn't hear any noise yesterday from them so I believe he internally pipped overnight or today. In order for me to candle I need to take him out of the incubator, is this ok to do?

And if I do, a safety hole is probably the best thing so he doesn't suffocate over night.

I don't want to harm any of them.

Thank you! I have been gone all day, I didn't hear any noise yesterday from them so I believe he internally pipped overnight or today. In order for me to candle I need to take him out of the incubator, is this ok to do?

And if I do, a safety hole is probably the best thing so he doesn't suffocate over night.

I don't want to harm any of them.
It is ok to take him out for a little bit, provided the other eggs aren't externally pipped. It is best to make a safety hole in my opinion. Opening the incubator for a few seconds won't hurt them :)

It is ok to take him out for a little bit, provided the other eggs aren't externally pipped. It is best to make a safety hole in my opinion. Opening the incubator for a few seconds won't hurt them :)
Thank you again, no other signs of popping internally or externally on the siblings.

I took him out and put a safety hole in 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 thank you again I really appreciate the guidance!

Back
Top Bottom