Call duck left alone

I found exactly 0 calls on CL anywhere near VA. I have a friend in NC that has a Call bachelor flock she's trying to rehome. She said she'd be more than happy to help you with a buddy by driving half way. She's about 3.5 hours from Richmond.

@HeatherKellyB
Hi, thanks for the help, but I am a teenager and I don’t know if i am able to do this. I have found some people who may be willing to give me one or two of their females. For now I am just trying to keep him as much company as possible!

Hi, thanks for the help, but I am a teenager and I don’t know if i am able to do this. I have found some people who may be willing to give me one or two of their females. For now I am just trying to keep him as much company as possible!

Get the females as soon as possible! If your friends have the females to give, get them!

Update: So, I couldn’t get the female ducks from that person after all. I honestly don’t know what to do. But until I can find or hatch some new ducks, would it be better to keep my little boy inside with me?

I hope that you were able to get a friend for your little Call Drake. I have my 4 Call Drakes in with my 2 Rouen Hens, 2 Muscovy Hens, 2 Khaki Campbell Hens, 2 Mallard Hens, One Mule Duck Hen and one Mallard Drake. They all do just fine together. If you were unable to get another duck put a mirror in with it and a stuffed animal in the pen and that will keep it company. I had to do that with a lone duckling I hatched out and when I put it in with the rest of the flock when it was older it did just fine. Good luck with your little one.

Definitely go for another female, if that's what you already have. Runner females are really small. Welsh harlequins are also small and calm birds.
i have runners and harlequins and also khaki campbells and white layers and the runners are small yes then the khakis are next smallest (of what i have) but the welsh harlequins are biggest of my ducks , but yes they are nice and calm girls , soon my silver appleyard duckling will finish growing up and be even bigger than the harlequins lol

Back
Top Bottom