Call duck pen ideas!

Pics

FunnyfarmMidwest

Call Duck obsessed! 🦆💕
Mar 14, 2020
My call ducklings will come either the coming this Wednesday or next Monday! I have other ducks but have never had calls. I am thinking it would be a bad idea to house them with my free range Jumbo Pekins; therefore, I am looking to build them a house. Because of Corona I am unable to go buy a coop, but would like to build them something with all the time spent at home. Does anybody have coop ideas for 6 call ducks? I’m looking to build them something nice that would hold up through winter and not break my bank 😂.Any ideas appreciated. I would love to see examples of everyone’s coops!

I house my "adult" calls with..well all the birds in my signature besides the geese. I have no problems at all, If you have a good male to female ratio along with a big coop you should have no problems, but if you'd like to be safe something like this might work for six calls. Maybe a bit bigger and lower to the ground for easier access.

1584829658749.png

Last edited:
I house my "adult" calls with..well all the birds in my signature besides the geese. I have no problems at all, If you have a good male to female ratio along with a big coop you should have no problems, but if you'd like to be safe something like this might work for six calls. Maybe a bit bigger.

View attachment 2058205
Nice house :thumbsup Something like that would work. I’m looking foreword to building something. It will be a nice distraction.

That's not my house, by the way, If you look up duck house ideas you will find many more coop ideas. What kind of calls are coming? :love
Thank you! I’ve ordered assorted! They could be blue or black bibbed, white, pastel, grey, penciled, or snowy! I’m having a hard time keeping occupied until they come! I think building the coop will be a good pastime. :wee

If you can get some (5-6) pallets they might work as long as you've got a piece of plywood for the top and bottom. Take some scrap wood to fill in the spaces between the pallet boards. I wouldn't have the ducks be directly on the ground but a pallet is a good hight for them to get into with a ramp. It wouldn't be too steep.

Back
Top Bottom