Call Duck Questions Please

TWO more questions.....if I raise call ducks, will they stay around like a chicken or are they gonna fly off into the wild blue yonder?

Can they live with chickens? Do they get along?

Thanks !
wink.png

I'm getting 2 pair of white call ducks on Sunday so I'm appreciating all of this information as well!! Can I feed them like I do my Muscovy and other ducks? I've got a covered 8 x 10 enclosure for them until they get their bearings. I have heat lamps for my bantam chickens. Will they need heat lamps? They are adult ducks. My Muscovies very rarely go in at night. I, too, was wondering if they will fly away. I've read they are great flyers. Thanks for all input and info.

They can fly, so they will either need to be pinioned or have their wing feathers clipped. I used to let mine out for the day, and then herd them back into the coop, but then the hawks came, and the flock flew off.

No, they wont need a heat lamp. They will need a shelter to get out of the wind, snow, freezing rain, rain, etc. Fill it up with nice fluffy straw.

Quote:
I agree. I clipped the wings on my calls but they still seem to get airbourne but they never seem to want to leave. They have it pretty good where they are.

jeremy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom