Call duck thread! For posting pics and discussing!

They don't but due to their smaller stature are most definitely more prone to predators and are both sexes are very, very good flyers. I keep mine penned but on the ground, so they get all the fun but less danger. I do free range ducks here but they are mainly heavyweight breeds(Muscovy & Pekin, two medium breeds Buffs)

I am getting a livestock guardian dog in about 4 weeks and will get another sometime next year to help guard against predators. I will have a pen and house for my ducks but I'd like to be able to let them out at least occasionally to eat bugs and other things.

Here's some better photo, there is a bit of a blue tinge to it. Really don't know what colours they are

Last edited:
Where can i find chocolate call ducks?my area has none atm in cali.or show spotted black and white call duck eggs.

Where can i find chocolate call ducks?my area has none atm in cali.or show spotted black and white call duck eggs.
You likely won't find many eggs this time of the year as calls are seasonal layers so done laying for the most part.

What do you mean by black and white? Like ancona calls? Because those are not recognized as a pattern so while they can be shown, you can't win any higher than a BV with them

Thank you I didn't know that.My son has a few show chickens and wants to show ducks.I didn't know they stopped laying.But when do they come back to laying and i have been looking all over for a few months.

Thank you I didn't know that.My son has a few show chickens and wants to show ducks.I didn't know they stopped laying.But when do they come back to laying and i have been looking all over for a few months.

Spring? my calls stopped laying months ago, they lay a lot when they are laying but season is much shorter than other ducks i keep.

is 50 for a pair of show call ducks good?
Excellent price but are they actually show quality? And what color?

Feel free to post pics here. We are all happy to evaluate them for you :)

Mine (I am in southern Maine) usually may May through July, sometimes they will start in April. Every once in a while I'll get a few eggs again in the fall but it's not usually very many.

Back
Top Bottom