Call ducklings?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by IRL, Jan 25, 2011.

1. IRL

IRL Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    Hi
    I am looking to buy two white call ducklings in the spring. Do you know of anywhere that sells them online? I only found efowl, but I would have to get a few more chickens to make the minimum order work. Do you know of any breeders around Connecticut (maybe MA)?
    Thanks

2. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    I believe most hatcheries will have a minimum order, they need a minimum number of babies in the box for them to be able to stay warm in transit. You will have to find a local breeder if you don't want to buy a minimum order, I say add more fuzzbutts to the order, you can never have too many [​IMG] Right???? [​IMG]

3. 1duckychick

1duckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Holderread's does call ducks but the minimum they ship is 10 [​IMG]. I really wanted to order some silkies from them but there's no way I could do 10. While I was on my silkie hunt I found these 3 breeders closest to MA (they do calls but no silkies [​IMG] )

Arthur & Patricia Campell in Gorham ME
    Beaver Road Bantams in Alexander NY
    Birch Acres Waterfowl in North Waterboro ME

I found them listed on the "National Call Breeders of America" website at http://www.callducks.org They don't have their own websites like efowl but I can send you the email addresses if you want. I haven't ordered from any of them so I can't be much more help.

4. McPasekFarm

McPasekFarm New Egg

Sep 27, 2014
    I just got two beautiful call ducks at the Deerfield Fair in New Hampshire from Barry Roberts at Birch Acres Waterfowl. He is located in N. Waterboro Maine. His email is [email protected]. A very nice gentleman.

5. CPF Kate

CPF Kate New Egg

Oct 17, 2015
    I bought a pair of American Buff Geese and a pair of Call Ducks from him. He's really knowledgeable and loves his birds. I've been to his place - his setup is phenomenal. I am pretty sure he shows. He also took the birds back when I couldn't keep them because DH decided he wanted to be my ex-DH.

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG]

Welcome to BYC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by