Call Ducks Finally Hatched

LOL, Ok you said you were down sizing, Does not sound like that is going to happen. HAHAHHA

lau.gif

LOL! I didn't say I was keeping any that I hatch!! Well...maybe a turkey...but no ducks (if I am strong enough to resist Call ducklings)! What I really need to do is just find someone I can incubate and hatch for then send all the babies back. They are actually desired enough that finding homes for them is not a problem (for free, no-one is willing to pay for them in our area). And fortunately for me there are very few show quality in my area so the temptation is not as strong to keep them.
love.gif

LOL! I didn't say I was keeping any that I hatch!! Well...maybe a turkey...but no ducks (if I am strong enough to resist Call ducklings)! What I really need to do is just find someone I can incubate and hatch for then send all the babies back. They are actually desired enough that finding homes for them is not a problem (for free, no-one is willing to pay for them in our area). And fortunately for me there are very few show quality in my area so the temptation is not as strong to keep them.
love.gif
HAHAHHAHA OH so you want to do the labor, but get rid of the evident. LOL

Ok your Hired.. LOL

My call eggs are going in lockdown in a few days. They where shipped eggs and one egg has a big saddle shape air cell and I was wondering if I could hatch it in a egg carton or do calls need to hatch on their sides

My call eggs are going in lockdown in a few days. They where shipped eggs and one egg has a big saddle shape air cell and I was wondering if I could hatch it in a egg carton or do calls need to hatch on their sides
OH BOY, what color did you get or are they a mixed of colors.. I personally would keep it laying down. Ive tried the upright position with ducks and I think it was on day 15 they started dying off. By the time lockdown is here they are way larger.. I know a lot of these hatcheries lay there's down.

OH BOY, what color did you get or are they a mixed of colors.. I personally would keep it laying down.  Ive tried the upright position with ducks and I think it was on day 15 they started dying off. By the time lockdown is here they are way larger.. I know a lot of these hatcheries lay there's down.
the person shipped me 6 with 2 extras. I only got 2 that going to locked down one is a white call and the other is a apple yard. I am really hoping they made it its my second time trying to hatch them I put one of my own duck egg in too so if one only hatches it will have a friend.

the person shipped me 6 with 2 extras. I only got 2 that going to locked down one is a white call and the other is a apple yard. I am really hoping they made it its my second time trying to hatch them I put one of my own duck egg in too so if one only hatches it will have a friend.
Nice colors, so out of the 8 shipped only two made it?

Nice colors, so out of the 8 shipped only two made it?
yes all the other eggs had nothing in them . I got them from eBay and I emailed the person if they would shipped them on Monday becouse it was Saturday she said nope they are already packed to go out. So I asked when she packed them becouse the auction just ended she really give me a real answer and I couldn't cancel becouse she had in her posting that if you cancelled you still have to pay for the eggs. Ok I still have 2 days to locked down and I just checked them and I see their little beaks in the air cell. So I put them early I don't want to lose them. Last summer I tryed to hatch them and only one hatch but died after and the others piped and died.

yes all the other eggs had nothing in them . I got them from eBay and I emailed the person if they would shipped them on Monday becouse it was Saturday she said nope they are already packed to go out. So I asked when she packed them becouse the auction just ended she really give me a real answer and I couldn't cancel becouse she had in her posting that if you cancelled you still have to pay for the eggs. Ok I still have 2 days to locked down and I just checked them and I see their little beaks in the air cell. So I put them early I don't want to lose them. Last summer I tryed to hatch them and only one hatch but died after and the others piped and died.
WOW she must have a good business if you still have to pay for them even though you don't want them. LOL but I can see her point because what would she do with the eggs if you cancelled? She would have to throw them in the bator herself, toss them or put them in the fridge.

OK so last year are these eggs from the same person? They died after they pipped? how long did they pipped and is this an Internally pipped or Externally pipped??

Firing after pipping could be from a created gene , sitting in the egg too long, or from VERY VERY much inbreeding for like countless generations. You might want to ask the person what their birds are and just that info.

Back
Top Bottom