Call ducks sexing and finding more?

Call ducks are so cute aren't they? I bought two that are about 3 weeks old (one is changing color on me, chick fluff was all white and yellow, now it's coming in dark!)

I've been looking to track down the Butterscotch color and found some 3 hours away, just a pair, maybe ready in a month. I hear they're hard to hatch though.

Love the butterscotch too. Mine go crazy when they see me with the meal worm bucket. LOL And they have been following me wherever I go in the yard now running and flapping behind me. I ask them if they want worms and it's like they know what I'm saying already, they make all kinds of noise. I can't believe these little buggers are so hard to find, I live in Ohio and can't find chicks or eggs in the area. I read they are hard to hatch too, I still would like to try a few eggs though. I'm still waiting on my hova bator, it should be here this week.

There was someone advertising on Dayton's craigslist for several colors. Priced on quality, $20-$50 each. I was going to call and see about the Butterscotch because it was listed. It was an older add when I found it though a couple of days ago.

I want to try hatching my own eggs first to see how hard it is, then try the shipped eggs or picked up eggs. You know, rule myself out as where the process gets screwed up.
lol.png
I used to think I could hatch anything when I was going through my own chicken eggs. Then I started on shipped eggs and that theory went down the drain.

My favorite of the colored ones are the pied which someone just showed me, chocolates, butterscotch and pastels . That is what I'm looking/hoping to find.
I found my white ones on domesticsale.com and drove to cleveland. He has chocolates, snowy and whites. But he said he is all out right now.
I am going to see if I can hatch some chicken eggs from my sister in laws chickens. Then I would like to do some guinea and pheasants maybe next year. My husband says we have a zoo and I should've been a vet since I love animals. LOL I have 2 pugs, 2 cats, 4 call ducks, fish (inside and outside in pond), and 2 wonderful kids.

Back
Top Bottom