Call ducks

Hi I know it has already been said but get 2 geese or none
And I have 4 female khaki campbells and 2 call duck boys and they are completely fine I also have 1 runner duckling and 1 silver appleyard duckling that will be brooded with call ducks (when the calls hatch) I will be carefully watching them to make sure the calls aren't bullied but I think they will be perfectly fine together especially if your other ducks are female
I love call duck and would very much recommend them
As for the flying I am not sure but my call drakes can fly (although I clipped their wings) but my khakis are old and don't fly so the calls stay with them and the calls weren't brooded with the khakis and they get on amazing
Good luck
Do your little drake Call ducks try to mate your Khaki Campbell Hens? Mine only seem to like the Khaki and Mallard for some reason. They leave my Rouen, Muscovy, Mule hen and Runners alone.

Do your little drake Call ducks try to mate your Khaki Campbell Hens? Mine only seem to like the Khaki and Mallard for some reason. They leave my Rouen, Muscovy, Mule hen and Runners alone.
My snowy call male tried to mate with my mallard female. He is a tough duck, fought beak to beak with a full size mallard male all last fall… but I try to keep him with his call duck female (he was also fighting to keep mallard away from his call female)…eventually I had to put them in separate parts of the aviary

Yeah they do try to mate the khakis but the don't mate them as much as the khakis would like :lau, one of them can I think he has been doing it for longer but my other one recently lost his call duck mate and only just started trying (him and his brother are 9 month old and so was his mate but she died we think of egg bound after laying her first real sized egg) and he keeps falling of it is hilarious to watch :lau
I wonder why yours don't mate all of your females, maybe you don't see them? I only recently started seeing them but I know they have been doing it for a while

My snowy call male tried to mate with my mallard female. He is a tough duck, fought beak to beak with a full size mallard male all last fall… but I try to keep him with his call duck female (he was also fighting to keep mallard away from his call female)…eventually I had to put them in separate parts of the aviary
It's so funny when ducks are not happy with each other. When my Mallard Male tries to mess with my older Rouen Hen, she takes him by the beak and shakes it back and forth to let him know it's a No Go, lol.

Yeah they do try to mate the khakis but the don't mate them as much as the khakis would like :lau, one of them can I think he has been doing it for longer but my other one recently lost his call duck mate and only just started trying (him and his brother are 9 month old and so was his mate but she died we think of egg bound after laying her first real sized egg) and he keeps falling of it is hilarious to watch :lau
I wonder why yours don't mate all of your females, maybe you don't see them? I only recently started seeing them but I know they have been doing it for a while
I think they are more their size as the Runner Ducks are built different and the Rouen are so much bigger. It is funny to watch. My one Call with the amputated end of his private part tries to mate the Khaki Campbell but I don't know if he is successful due to his amputation. Some say they can and others say they can't make eggs fertile so I am not sure.

It would possibly work if you ordered them all at the same exact time and it would be interesting to see if Metzer would put them all together in the same box. I don't know if you are ordering them from them or not. My Mule is as big as a goose but probably has a different personality than one so that might be why she is so good with my flock. My Call drakes are very feisty and not afraid of anything so that helped them to be able to be added to a group of large ducks and no harm done. They are the ones that will grab one of the girls by the end of their wing at times to get them out of their way instead of the other way around. They also boss my Mallard drake around. Again it all depends on the personalities and the dynamics of the flock. It works well for me but my pen is covered with netting, very large, lots of places for everyone to get out of bad weather or hide. Whatever you decide I hope works out well for you too.
They do put them in the same box, but yeah, it has to be at the same time because even 2 weeks apart I had to separate them from 2 call ducklings because they were mean

Hi I know it has already been said but get 2 geese or none
And I have 4 female khaki campbells and 2 call duck boys and they are completely fine I also have 1 runner duckling and 1 silver appleyard duckling that will be brooded with call ducks (when the calls hatch) I will be carefully watching them to make sure the calls aren't bullied but I think they will be perfectly fine together especially if your other ducks are female
I love call duck and would very much recommend them
As for the flying I am not sure but my call drakes can fly (although I clipped their wings) but my khakis are old and don't fly so the calls stay with them and the calls weren't brooded with the khakis and they get on amazing
Good luck
Did you Call ducks hatch? I was just wondering how that worked out for you as many have problems hatching them out.

Did you Call ducks hatch? I was just wondering how that worked out for you as many have problems hatching them out.
Out of 8 eggs 4 call ducklings hatched 2 died before hatching time and 2 had problems during hatching one was malpositioned and had a broken yoke (i wonder if it had 2 yokes) and the other had something wrong with it, their was nothing could have done and i have 5 call eggs that are on day 17
These are the ducklings spot, petunia, pip and lu lu (they hatched in that order) 20240418_154808.jpg 20240418_154836.jpg 20240418_154832.jpg 20240418_154830.jpg 20240418_154825.jpg 20240418_154812.jpg 20240418_122024.jpg 20240418_122022.jpg 20240418_122018.jpg 20240418_122008.jpg 20240418_122006.jpg 20240418_122001.jpg

I think spot is a magpie call duck?? What do you think (I call spot a boy and the other three girls)
Petunia is yellow with one black dot on her back
Pip is pure yellow
Lu lu is yellow but her right wing is white

I do keep Blossom the silver appleyard and roady the runner separate from the call ducklings as they grew much quicker than I thought they would they are so big like 100 times the call ducklings size
In one of the pictures you can see them next to each other

Back
Top Bottom