Call ducks

I prefer to feed Dumor Chick Starter to ducklings here, because it has Niacin.
just to help the thread starter,i use this also but make sure it isn't medicated i don't know the exact things they put in it but something in it will kill them when i first started i had two little ones babies that i fed medicated to not knowing this and i went out the next day and they were both dead

how long does your do it mine turned beginning of june and if he does like last year he won't start to change until december

Wouldn't be able to tell you, this is his first year.
smile.png
I know they go back to looking female during a molt, they are an ever changing little guys.

What would you do for full grown ducks? I'd Dumar crumble alright?

I use a 16% grower/finisher it's actually for broilers(chickens) but it reads better than duck growers, they are way to high in protein(18%) i also use whole oats to cut it further, they don't need high level of protein, mine are also kept on the ground so they get bugs, grasses etc,

Do you have STorey's guide to ducks? great info in there for protein and calcium levels, my big ducks (mainly Muscovy, with the exception of some buffs) are fed it too, they do best on a 1% calcium then i have free choice oyster shell, duck growers here drop to under 1% which doesn't work for my flock.

Food drives me crazy, to be honest most duck feed is made to grow them fast and hard and to market they go so for those of use who do otherwise or own ornamental types it's a challenge to find find feeds that cater to that.

Back
Top Bottom