Call Ducks

I would like to breed/show...they are so hard to find...i was hoping i could find some good looking ones out of the youngsters she had.

I agree their heads should be rounder and the bills shorter.
I don't show mine...they're just for my enjoyment.
100_0718-Copy.jpg

100_0050.jpg

Do any of you have any for sale that you would ship to N. Nevada? Maybe nicer one's...more breed correct...

Katy- Those one's you pictured have nice heads!
smile.png
I'm jealous...

I really would not reccomend them for showing. Dont mean to offend anyone but the snowys are very poor quality and the grays are not show quality either. I would keep looking.

Snowys are hard to find and are not as typey as the whites and the greys. If you want to breed for showing I would suggest researching the bloodlines and getting some from a well known breeder. I am guessing you live in CA? there are 2 breeders I know of in your state that raise snowys.
Jim Adkins Sonora, CA [email protected]
Tom Grey SanJose, CA 408-294-0898
you could try shipping but a lot of people are sold out already. I would suggest buying a pair of breeder quality that come from show bloodlines and raise a lot of ducklings this spring. You might end up with a couple that you can show fall 2009. You could go to a local show and buy one right out of the show cage but expect to pay $100-$200 for one bird.

Last edited:
I am trying to get some shipped from Wapsi but he doesn't have many left...and i think only whites.
I'll see if the folks you listed do!
I live in Reno area and there is nothing good around here...even the big Roseville poultry show ( 2hrs away) doesn't seem to exist anymore
sad.png

If i wait until spring, has anyone bought some from Meyer's? doubt they'd be show quality but figured i'd ask...

I appreciate all of your input, like i said i've only seen them in person once! I'm just trying to get started.

Back
Top Bottom