Call For Backup!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Dust Bunny, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Dust Bunny

Dust Bunny Chillin' With My Peeps

My new girl, Call For Backup, AKA Maple [​IMG] she is a 7yo standardbred mare, by Astreos, out of Babe Knows Bo, who is by Bo Knows Jate [​IMG] Astreos has been nominated for the 2010 Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame Award, he earned $1,062,594, won 10 out of 27 starts, with best time of 1:49.3, as a stallion he produced winners of over $37 million [​IMG] her dam, Babe knows Bo (according to Bo Knows Jate's owner) was a very successful race horse down here in the US, but I can't seem to find out much about her, Maples grand sire, dam's side is Bo knows Jate, he is no slacker either! He earned $921,603, won 26 out of 113 starts, with a best time of 1:51.2 [​IMG] Maple has never raced, but I believe that she trained, she seems to have an old healed knee injury from overextension, she is sound now, but I believe that injury may have ended her would be racing career, I managed to get her for only $250.00!!! the previous owner [​IMG] (first time horse owner) could not ride her... she bucked! Well duh! The super crappy western pony saddle they used was KILLING her shoulders! I would have bucked too! She rides pretty good in a well fitting saddle [​IMG] very sweet mare...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Very pretty lady! [​IMG] A lot of good horses are being let go cheaply these days...the economic situation I guess. [​IMG]

3. Crazyland

Crazyland Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    Sandhills NC
    What a find. She is pretty! [​IMG]

4. Catstar68

Catstar68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Franklinton, NC
    You could get some nice babies out of her! Very pretty lady.

5. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    I've never met a Standardbred that I didn't like .. congrats!

6. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    She is a very beautibul girl! I love horses---have since I was three. Got my first horses three years ago, but had to part with them recently due to finances and health issues (mine). Someday, perhaps I will have another.[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by