Calling all bakers! I can answer your baking questions, and share fun recipes!

@tripletfeb I saw you were having issue on another thread, I think I have the answer to you rookie flattening problem!

While I would appreciate suggestions to my choco chip cookies flattening, I do not consider myself a rookie at baking. Far from it actually. I come from a long line of bakers and cooks. I have been baking for many moons

While I would appreciate suggestions to my choco chip cookies flattening, I do not consider myself a rookie at baking. Far from it actually. I come from a long line of bakers and cooks. I have been baking for many moons
That is super cool! I have been baking for a while too, you can share some of your recipes her too! Did you figure out the issue with your cookies? If not, then I am happy to help! It is cool to have other fellow experienced bakers on here!

I have not figured out why my cookies flatten. Its only my choco chip ones. The baking soda and baking powder are brand new, I always test them before I use them. What is your advice!
Assuming since you have baked for a while, you use the spoon & level method with you flour. The most common cause of cookies flattening is not enough flour. If you don't spoon and level, you end up with an incorrect amount of flour, which may be you issue. And assuming you use the proper, solid measuring cup?

Assuming since you have baked for a while, you use the spoon & level method with you flour. The most common cause of cookies flattening is not enough flour. If you don't spoon and level, you end up with an incorrect amount of flour, which may be you issue. And assuming you use the proper, solid measuring cup?

I actually do not use the spoon and level method. I feel that is not necessary most of the time. I just measure out my flour using a smaller measuring cup than what I need, that fits into my canister. I then fill up the proper measuring cup, using the smaller one as a scoop. I do level it off

I actually do not use the spoon and level method. I feel that is not necessary most of the time. I just measure out my flour using a smaller measuring cup than what I need, that fits into my canister. I then fill up the proper measuring cup, using the smaller one as a scoop. I do level it off
You may want to try the spoon and level method for at least your cookies. I don't use it all the time either, but do when I am making larger, or more important desserts. See if that changes anything. Otherwise it is likely the dough needs to be chilled. I have done cookie before and not chilled them when I was supposed to, and they spread. It is worth a try!

Back
Top Bottom