Calling All Buff Orpington Lovers!

Do you own Buff Orpington's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Peggy was a purebred but the chick I hatched from her is a mix. 4 weeks old I’m worried it’s a boy though. I am praying that she is just being broody somewhere and will come home.

Attachments

• 3C7A4A27-06DD-4288-B390-46717A2AE509.png
    3C7A4A27-06DD-4288-B390-46717A2AE509.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 4
So I just caught the neighbors dog trying to get at one of my chickens! I chased him off with a stick. I’m so mad because there is a pack of five dogs roaming around. I live in the outside of town so people just do whatever they want. Next time I see a dog step foot on my property Im releasing my dogs. They aren’t killers but the do pretend to be viscious. I love all animals and I can honestly say this is the first time Ive wantEd to kill one.

View attachment 2299244

This is the most recent picture of my BO I could find. She is a JERK, and a PIG, and a WORD I CANT SAY, and MEAN, and SMELLY, and RUDE. I love her to bits, though she is not nice to me or the other chickens. She attacked my cockerel for food today, after she had just emptied out the feeder. As I have said before, she is a PIG. A rude, rude, pig.
Can you tell me if these are buff Orpington’s they don’t seem to look like pictures off buff Orpington’s on here there more round and puffy or are they something eles they were sold to me as buff opingtons thanks

She might be a mutt. There’s a bit of white tint around the feathers. I had one like this. Not a purebred. The one I had laid more of a green colored egg rather than brown like an orp.

Here's a little lucky story:

I bought 6 straight run chicks from my local TSC. All six turned out to be pullets! :th:wee

I stopped buying "straight run" after the first time. I swear I think they're the ones they weren't sure of gender so they just toss them in a crate and CALL them "straight run".

They used to sell the males to pet stores at Easter but I'm pretty sure that's illegal nearly everywhere now. My mother could not seem to get it through her head, she was NEVER going to find a hen at a pet store at Easter. My dad took an awful lot of roosters "to the farm" every year, where they supposedly led long lives. On the other side of the Rainbow Bridge, I'm sure.

They weren't even cheaper than the sexed females at the feed store. I swear I have no idea what she was thinking.

Back
Top Bottom