Calling All Buff Orpington Lovers!

Do you own Buff Orpington's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics
Here is Emily, my only Buff Orpington. (Sorry that the pictures aren't that good, lol) Anyway, she's one of the hens from my original flock. Emily is a fairly sweet chicken. She's always running around searching for a tasty morsel in the yard and I've often seen her protecting the chickens that are sick or being introduced to the flock from the 'mean' girls. Granted, she doesn't like being picked up or touched that much, but she's still very nice. Her favorite pastimes are sunbathing, (Which she barely ever gets to do here, so, on a sunny day, that's basically all she does. :) ) eating bugs, making dust baths in my neighbor's gardens, or going on adventures in the woods. (It's a wonder she's still alive!) And that's Emily for you!
I have a golden pride & all she does is ecsape ! :lau

I got her from a feed store.
She was a day old when I got her.
Now she is 20 weeks old. She has been a pig for her entire life, including as a chick. If anything it got better when she turned 18 weeks old.
I held her everyday, carried her around my house, and hand fed her. She got probably the most attention out of all of them, which now that I think about might’ve made her spoiled.
maybe something happened during the hatch that might have made her that way

My Lemon is now 26 weeks, and still super sweet most of the time. She gets pecky though when she's in the next box and you disturb her, as well as when you stick your hand in the coop and she is inside, but she has never broken the skin-it's more of a reminder of us being in 'her' space. If you pick her up though she just kind of melts and lets you scratch her crop and is very docile. She is like a kitten with my 6 year old. She also comes running and is always the first to the morning chicken scrap bucket or to any treats. :)She is getting to be quite chonky and fluffy and is laying about 5-6 perfect little eggs a week. We love her.

My Peggy went missing this week and I’m so sad. She was my only buff and she was so sweet. I did not see any sign of attack like feathers or blood she just disappeared. I’m still hoping she will come home one day but my mom thinks a neighbor might have grabbed her. i did hatch one of her eggs but she’s not a pure buff.

Attachments

• 1108D351-D0EB-41F0-A5D1-D4D33EA0C519.jpeg
    1108D351-D0EB-41F0-A5D1-D4D33EA0C519.jpeg
    420.9 KB · Views: 3
My Peggy went missing this week and I’m so sad. She was my only buff and she was so sweet. I did not see any sign of attack like feathers or blood she just disappeared. I’m still hoping she will come home one day but my mom thinks a neighbor might have grabbed her. i did hatch one of her eggs but she’s not a pure buff.
Aw, hope she comes home soon. :(

I'm so sorry.
Since she has BO blood, maybe she's broody somewhere?
My best friend just lost a hen, found it the other day in across the road in a hedge with a nest.

Is she not pure Buff? She's very pretty.

Back
Top Bottom